ABB

They knew that they were in an area with bad hurricanes, but they failed to prepare sufficently. That's their fault, not Bush's.

Katrina was a regional issue, not a national issue.

Altron said:
They knew that they were in an area with bad hurricanes, but they failed to prepare sufficently. That's their fault, not Bush's.

Katrina was a regional issue, not a national issue.

the FEMA response was a national issue, the way future disasters will be handled after that fiasco is a national issue.

paul_valaru said:
the FEMA response was a national issue, the way future disasters will be handled after that fiasco is a national issue.

The only national issues are foreign policy and the national economy.

Alright, since you're making a big fuss about Katrina

Im not making a fuss about Katrina.

Im making a fuss about bush.

I'd like a rational explaination from you proving that the incompetence of the city government and the weather conditions in the Atlantic were directly caused by Bush.

You may like one, but you can't have one.

If the city government were controlled by bush then that would be appropriate to discuss, in addition if the city government was responsible that also would be appropriate discussion. However both those statements are false.

In addition bush is not God, on the contrary far from it. Therefor he could have no direct cause of the weather conditions.

Oh, silly me. Personal responsibility is sooooo 20th century. Why would New Orleans be responsible for measures against the hurricanes which are known to be common in the region?

Altron said:
w-1.jpg

George W Bush is a decent president. I have the photoshopped pictures to back it up.

I have the photoshopped pictures to back it up.

This is also a false statement.

Ask the person who instituted FEMA. Your FEDERAL government at some point obviously felt it was of National importance.

The Federal government has no place in issues that do not concern the entire nation. Those issues are the responsibility of the State governments.

Or at least that's what they wrote down in 1791...

Leslie said:
Ask the person who instituted FEMA. Your FEDERAL government at some point obviously felt it was of National importance.

Just because they're the government doesn't mean that they don't make mistakes. FEMA is one of them.

Nowhere in the constitution says that it is the Federal government's responsibility to take care of natural disasters.

My point was to demonstrate that putting an opinion into a picture does not make it fact.

Be careful, you dont want to look like bush here:

13.jpg

As you try and leave the thread because you have way too many inaccuracies.

Luis G said:
Ohhh jesus, any rational person would at least guess that he isn't blaming Bush for the hurricane. I'd suppose it is a graphic way of saying Bush didn't managed the situation well.

Do you guys happen to have satire cartoons (with no text) on newspapers?

All or most of our political catroons have some text. And Bush is only president until 2008

I'm not planning on leaving any time soon bub. I have what I believe is right, and I have the Constitution of the United States of America to back me up. You've got a vast collection of homemade propaganda pictures and apparantly no opinions of your own.

Altron said:
Just because they're the government doesn't mean that they don't make mistakes. FEMA is one of them.

Nowhere in the constitution says that it is the Federal government's responsibility to take care of natural disasters.
Well, they were kinda naive when they wrote that. Times change. Unselfishness and fellow man and all that rot. But regardless,

Your government has taken on responsibility for it by the creation of and funding of FEMA, and the promise of aid.

Back