ABB

Leslie said:
Well, they were kinda naive when they wrote that. Times change. Unselfishness and fellow man and all that rot. But regardless,

Your government has taken on responsibility for it by the creation of and funding of FEMA, and the promise of aid.

And they were not justified to do so by the Constitution.

Regardless of age, the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Would you kill someone because the law that says 'You can't kill people' is even older than the Constitution?

The name is Deanril, it can be found at the top left corner of each of my post's.

and I have the Constitution of the United States of America to back me up

This too is inaccurate.

Altron said:
And they were not justified to do so by the Constitution.
ooooh! Impeach them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Altron said:
Regardless of age, the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Would you kill someone because the law that says 'You can't kill people' is even older than the Constitution?
You know I'm in Canada and don't give a flying fuck about your ratty old piece of paper that's already been amended a bajillion times cause it was not good enough as it was written, right?

so any law made after the consitution is not valid, woo hoo drunk driving in the states!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or is it just organizations? disband the airforce.

I'd say you're the one that is innaccurate. The Constitution is the basis of our government. It tells us what the Government can do and what it can't. I'd like you to point out the line saying 'The Government must help individual states with natural disasters at the expense of the entire nation'

If you do, I will rescind my entire arguments and say that you are completely correct.

If, however, that line does not exist, then the Government cannot create an agency like FEMA.

There is a plan in action for impeachment.

12.jpg

Altron said:
And by doing so, broke the law.

explain.

Now anything that goes AGAINST the consitution would be breaking the law, anything else is just law, I understand that the buck stops with the consitution, but if the consitution has nothing to say on that subject, then it can be made into law, so show me where it says that they cannot make a federal emergency management agency?

Or any federal agency, by your thinking, the CIA FBI NSA AirForce RIAA and whatever other letters you want to put together would be illegal.

Altron said:
And by doing so, broke the law.

Inaccurate, Inaccurate, Inaccurate.........

Laws are not defined in the Constitution. Who can make laws are. Noone broke the law, this is inaccurate.

But it's Federal. Administered by the Federal Government.

Does your head explode at this point?

you know.....

gay marriage is not prohibited in the consitution, so that is now legal all over the states.

We also pay bush(I dont know why....) by Altron's definition, "by doing so, broke the law".

Show me in the Constitution where it says we have to pay bush? Show me where its illeagal to J-walk in the Constitution.

You see..... your statements are inaccurate, highly inaccurate.

Leslie said:
your ratty old piece of paper that's already been amended a bajillion times cause it was not good enough as it was written, right?

Only one thing has been stricken from the Constitution. The Amendments are built to be changed.

So wait. Bush utilized FEMA, which is apparently against the law. So he CAN be impeached!!!

paul_valaru said:
explain.

Now anything that goes AGAINST the consitution would be breaking the law, anything else is just law, I understand that the buck stops with the consitution, but if the consitution has nothing to say on that subject, then it can be made into law, so show me where it says that they cannot make a federal emergency management agency?

Or any federal agency, by your thinking, the CIA FBI NSA AirForce RIAA and whatever other letters you want to put together would be illegal.

There's two camps on this one. Back in the early 1800s, they were called Federalists and Democratic Republicans.

Federalists believe that anything not specifically banned by the Constitution is acceptable. Well-known Federalists are people like Alexander Hamilton and John Adams. They believed in a very powerful federal government.

Democratic Republicans (not to be confused with the current Democrats and Republicans) believe that anything not specifically allowed by the Constitution is banned. The most well-known Democratic Republican was Thomas Jefferson. He believed in a relatively weak federal government, where individual states had the power to govern themselves.

I personally follow Jefferson's idealogy, but most people do not. The current Democratic and Republican parties do not.

Back