Act 1

You know, there was a movie several years ago along the same story lines called "Bastard out of Carolina." I guess since the young girl in that one wasn't a big star it wasn't as offensive? BTW, I thought that one was quite well done re the actual scene. More suggested at than actually presented. Maybe when some of you actually see this movie you'll be able to make a reasoned judgement. It would be surprising, but what the hell. I'm an optomist. Part of me can't help but wonder if a lot of the self-righteous indignation over this film is due to shame over prurient interest.

Sounds like a childs answer to me.

I've read more about it...she didn't even know that she was doing a rape scene. She was the only actor on set, and doing mostly reactionary work. Her basically screaming No!...they cut in the other bits like the zipper being pulled down, later. They filmed her hand opening and closing, and her face screaming "No!"...and that's it.

Moot point now. Nobody's picking up the movie for show.:shrug:

I've read more about it...she didn't even know that she was doing a rape scene. She was the only actor on set, and doing mostly reactionary work. Her basically screaming No!...they cut in the other bits like the zipper being pulled down, later. They filmed her hand opening and closing, and her face screaming "No!"...and that's it.

Moot point now. Nobody's picking up the movie for show.:shrug:

Defacto censorship. How Amerikan. :hmm:

Capitalism at work. Yes, it is quite American.

Sticking to off-topic...I don't give a shit who the child actress is...what parent would allow their child to act out a rape scene? Can't let the little cash cow go to waste, I suppose.

“It’s not a rape movie,” Fanning said Tuesday. “That’s not even the point of the film.”

The disturbing scene lasts a few minutes but is not graphic. There is no nudity, the scene is very darkly lit and only Fanning’s face and hand are shown.

Kampmeier said it took her a decade to get the film made, largely because of the rape scene, but cutting it was a compromise she was unwilling to make.

“This issue is so silenced in our society. There are a lot of women who are alone with this story,” she said.

“When you’re shooting a film, it’s the images you line up next to each other that create a story,” Kampmeier said. “If you have a hand hitting the ground, Dakota screaming ’stop’ and you see a zipper unzip — that creates a rape.”

If its not even the point of the film, why include it at all?

Ahh...never mind...she has an agenda...

“This issue is so silenced in our society. There are a lot of women who are alone with this story,” she said.

Capitalism at work. Yes, it is quite American.

Nothing to do with capitalism. Capitalism says release the movie and see how it does. Yanking it due to the hue and cry from all those self-appointed "guardians of the public good" is something else altogether. :rolleyes:

Again, I wonder how many of the pissers and moaners have actually seen the film. See my comment above re "prurient interest."

Nothing to do with capitalism. Capitalism says release the movie and see how it does. Yanking it due to the hue and cry from all those self-appointed "guardians of the public good" is something else altogether. :rolleyes:

Again, I wonder how many of the pissers and moaners have actually seen the film. See my comment above re "prurient interest."

Book burnings on Mondays and Wednesdays, writing to your congressman on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Fridays we watch Oprah...weekends off for good behaviors.

Link

So child rape scenes, however shadowy, are OK, but mentioning God isn't.

Yeeah.. That's it...

Link above said:
The rookie censor was told to edit out all profanities _ including any blasphemy _ for the version of the movie distributed to Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines, Air New Zealand, and other carriers.

So the new censor mistakenly bleeped out each time a character said "God," instead of just when used as part of a profanity, said Jeff Klein, president of Jaguar Distribution, the company that distributed the movie to airlines this month.

Back