Almost that time again

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
In my teen years, I got wind that a couple friends of mine planned to roll/egg my pride and joy...my '67 Cougar.

I laid in the back seat all evening. Fortunately, we had a ton of trees in the yard, so I could hear any approaching footsteps well in advance.

Sure enough, about 2AM, I heard them coming. I had taken the bulbs out of all interior lights, and had left the passenger side door ajar.

When I jumped out of the backseat and started letting Mr. 12 guage do the talking (way over their heads I might add), you have never heard retreating footsteps with quite as much urgency.

My car was fine though.

MrBishop

SouthernN'Proud said:
Speaking of which, how's Bish doin' today?
I was just fine 'cept for the power outtage which kept me offline until now. Joy!

HAving a little kid means bringing the joy back into Halloween.

Inkara1

HomeLAN said:
Going as a mummy this year. Fairly decent costume, too. V2.0's going as either the balck power ranger or the Green Lantern, hasn;t decided which, and I think the spouse is going to remain boring ol' Mommy.
If you're going as mummy, she should dress up as daddy. :lloyd:

Mare

SouthernN'Proud said:
In the two years we've been in the house, we have had a grand total of 0 kids come by. That does not stop me from purchasing a bag of Baby Ruths, mind you...

Yeah we dont get trick or treaters either. I take my kids in town they hold it on dearborn st., the businesses hand out candy.

BigDadday

Going back in time I remember my mother made candy apples and popcorn balls for the kids but stopped the first time something came out where some sick perv was putting something in the candy for kids.Now thinking about this I never did get either one?? Yeah I wasn't her favorite son I know.:p

tommyj27

Not really Banned
BigDadday said:
Going back in time I remember my mother made candy apples and popcorn balls for the kids but stopped the first time something came out where some sick perv was putting something in the candy for kids.Now thinking about this I never did get either one?? Yeah I wasn't her favorite son I know.:p
AFAIK, that's an urban myth.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
On year a house a few doors down from us, the husband dressed as a scarecrow (looked like he was a real one too...) and sat in a lawn chair with a big bowl of little grab bags and a sign that read "One each" or something of the like...and if someone approached and took only one he didn't move but when someone went to take more than one he'd grab their wrist and scare the shit outta them :D I saw it happen from the end of the driveway after I'd already took my one bag (yeah it was awhile ago...it was at my old house infact...)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tommyj27 said:
ok, consulted snopes. the poison thing is called undertermined/false:
http://snopes.com/horrors/poison/hallowee.htm

although, inserting foreign objects has occurred, in Minneapolis of all places.
http://snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/needles.htm

yay, my home state has gone down in history for more than jesse the body.

One of the 'courtesies' we do here is to run all candy the trick-or-treaters get through our X-ray machine. Haven't found anything yet, but I've heard tales of people putting straightpins in apples. Urban myth, or not, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Inkara1

HomeLAN said:
I knew somone was going to stoop low enough to grab that one. Should've known it'd be you.
I tried to sell Christina on the idea of her dressing up as me and me dressing up as her on Halloween but she wouldn't bite. :(