America's Oil Addiction

Altron

You get a tax break for fuel efficent cars. Makes no sense. People with hybrids should pay for the gas they're not using. And I should get a tax cut, because I need my money to spend on gas, because 12mpg and $4/gal is not fun.

For every gallon of gas you save, I'm burning three in my big ol' AMERICAN car.

2minkey

bootlicker
Winky said:
Well then Dad Gummit
now all they gotta do is built one
that I'd want to buy
and WeeHoo Winky's gonna be joining
the Liberal Wackos driving them
environmentally friendly golf carts!

I'll get one each for me and the Wifey-poo

and live happliy ever after getting fidy miles per gallon
buyin' that four dollar a gallon gasoline pumped
outta the ground beneath the feets of them evil jihad johnnies

America, what a country!

my dad got a golf cart when he lived in pheonix. some sorta tax credit loophole-ish thing that was worth more than the stupid cart cost. it was TEAL with stripes. eyesore on wheels.

2minkey

bootlicker
Altron said:
You get a tax break for fuel efficent cars. Makes no sense. People with hybrids should pay for the gas they're not using. And I should get a tax cut, because I need my money to spend on gas, because 12mpg and $4/gal is not fun.

dude, you should get your own radio show, and then become a painkiller junkie.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Altron said:

Which nobody forced you to buy...;)

If you want 8 cylinders, or more, you should have to pay for them. If you can't afford the upkeep (gas, insurance, etc...), you should've bought something smaller...It was your choice, so stop crying.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
it's true, part of the gas tax goes to highway repair, therefore there is an extra tax for using a hybred

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They're considering a mileage tax here (somewhere in the US). Fuck em, I'll walk first.

Altron

Yes, I was joking. I'm making fun of myself for having such a huge car. At 5% of the cost of a hybrid, I can use 400% of the gas and still come out with more cash in my pocket than those commie liberals in their Toyotas.

Gato_Solo

Just bump up the tax to $1.00 per gallon, and watch the riots in the streets as the value of owning that SUV plummets...:devious:

chcr

Too cute for words
You know, I've said on occasion that I would happily pay four or five bucks a gallon if it would reduce our dependence ln OPEC. Unfortunate that that is not what will happen, isn't it?

Winky

Nope, not hardly.

I say we dip into the 'welfare entitlement trough'
and spend the cash on fusion research.

If we had unlimited, dirt cheap electric power
we'd be able to convert to hydrogen power
for our cars and tell OPEC to screw themselves.

Then we could carpet bomb the mid-east with nukes
and Gato could come back home
and live happily ever after.

Altron

I would gladly convert my car to run off E85 if it was widely available on the Eastern Seaboard. Then we can hit those commie terrorist motherfuckers where it hurts.

Something like this.
OPEC: "Hehehe, today, we will charge the infidels $200/barrel to fund terrorists"
Dubya: "Go fuck yourself, you communist motherfucker."
OPEC: "WHAT? How will we pay Osama's paycheck if we don't sell you oil? His life insurance is getting to be really expensive, you know."
Dubya: "We have E85, we don't need your oil, bitch."

Then we can watch the Middle East decline into a barbaric backwards pre-industrial society. Oh wait, didn't that happen already?

Professur

Al, if every ear of corn grown in the US went exclusively to fuel production, you still couldn't cover the import requirements. Forget that over 80% of it goes to cattlefeed.

Not to mention that there's already signed contracts for the next 20 some years that can't be backed out of without ruining the US's international economic standing.

Altron

Oh, because the GM commercial told me that we could cut dependence on foreign oil and power all cars with corn. Silly me, trusting large corporations who are in the business of ripping me off. :laugh:

Fusion it is, then!

Altron

Well that's Ford. They wish they were half as good as Oldsmobile. In Oldsmobile, they say it like it is. A custom highway cruiser is called a custom cruiser. A car powered by fusion would be called a fusion.

Gato_Solo

Altron said:
Well that's Ford. They wish they were half as good as Oldsmobile. In Oldsmobile, they say it like it is. A custom highway cruiser is called a custom cruiser. A car powered by fusion would be called a fusion.

Which company is still making cars? :devious:

Inkara1

Altron said:

So where did the name "Alero" come from?