America's Oil Addiction

chcr

Too cute for words
Professur said:
I've yet to see any tests on wether peanut alergies extend to exhaust fumes. Not that I really give a rat's ass either way. Like I told the school board when they tried to ban peanut butter sandwiches in school "If their alergies are that bad, they can either medicate themselves, or go live in a bubble". I've alergies to pollen, but I don't see anyone clear cutting parks for my benefit.
Heh, I actually brought that up in a discussion about the peanut allergy thing one time at work. Great minds, etc...

MrBishop

Professur said:
"If their alergies are that bad, they can either medicate themselves, or go live in a bubble". I've alergies to pollen, but I don't see anyone clear cutting parks for my benefit.

You're not going to die within 5-10 minutes after you get a runny nose, buddy. One of my neighbors kids has a peanut allergy. She's got the epiPen on her everywhere but in the shower...100%. No exception.

There is no medication to stop anaphylactic shock from occurring after exposure to peanuts. You can pop a pill or spray shit up your nose and be all honkey dorey.

You're comparing paper cuts to decapitation when it comes to scale here, Prof.

Winky

Prof is wrong
Bish is right

neener neener

wait where does she 'keep' that I-pen with her in the shower

is this like the French pencil now you need a bra thing

or something else entirely?

Professur

MrBishop said:
You're not going to die within 5-10 minutes after you get a runny nose, buddy. One of my neighbors kids has a peanut allergy. She's got the epiPen on her everywhere but in the shower...100%. No exception.

There is no medication to stop anaphylactic shock from occurring after exposure to peanuts. You can pop a pill or spray shit up your nose and be all honkey dorey.

You're comparing paper cuts to decapitation when it comes to scale here, Prof.

Yes, I am. We're also talking about maybe 500 people in a city the size of Mtl. More than that will die each year from smog. Which ones deserve the protection more? Rob, and I'm sure others, have similar reactions to corn. Where's their protection? Dio had a rather terrible reaction to dust, requiring her to carry an epipen too.

And what about those poor starving peanut farmers who are losing business to protect a handful of (dare I say it?) genetic defectives.

At what point do we recognise that we're cutting off our arm to cure a hangnail?

MrBishop

Professur said:
Yes, I am. We're also talking about maybe 500 people in a city the size of Mtl. More than that will die each year from smog. Which ones deserve the protection more? Rob, and I'm sure others, have similar reactions to corn. Where's their protection? Dio had a rather terrible reaction to dust, requiring her to carry an epipen too.

And what about those poor starving peanut farmers who are losing business to protect a handful of (dare I say it?) genetic defectives.

At what point do we recognise that we're cutting off our arm to cure a hangnail?

http://www.allergyescape.com/peanut-allergy.html
1.1% of population in 1999... no recent numbers, although its growing.

As for the rest of your post..it's about as serious as my original post about allergic reactions from driving exhaust, so I won't go into it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:
You're not going to die within 5-10 minutes after you get a runny nose, buddy. One of my neighbors kids has a peanut allergy.

Where were these people 50, 100, 1000 years ago? Oh yea, Darwinism worked. If peanuts will kill you in 10 minutes, you need a better coach 'cause your gameplan is all wrong.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
You know, Zach has a deathly shrimp allergy. Maybe I should get all the Chinese restaurants in town to stop serving shrimp. Oh, and the grocery store shouldn't sell it in the fresh area, either. And all the lunches at school should be examined, oh, and everyone on the bus, and in the movie theater too. Someone might breathe on him after all.

And then we can rid the world of bees and penicillin, cause he's allergic to those too. The school needs to sweep the building for bees 6 times a day.

Or, I can just teach him well, and do my best, and hope.
I think I'll go with option B.

These peanut people piss me off.

MrBishop

Gonz said:
Where were these people 50, 100, 1000 years ago? Oh yea, Darwinism worked. If peanuts will kill you in 10 minutes, you need a better coach 'cause your gameplan is all wrong.
Ain't frankenfoods just great?

Darwin didn't say that everything gets better...just that it changes and the adaptations that help..stick around longer.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
taking peanuts out of schools is just lessening the chances of something bad happening, at the minor inconvience to parents.

seen a mistake happen kid died, buy fucking salami

MrBishop

Y'all need to take a chill pill.

I post something snarky with tongue firmly in cheek about exhaust from peanut oils causing reactions and everyone jumps on like gangbusters.:confused:

MrBishop

You want change in the amount of oil used by vehicles?

Force the manufacturers to meet the new standards. They'll dust off the plans for real fuel efficient engines and start cranking them out.
..or does anyone on here seriously believe that they haven't already worked out fuel efficient cars decades ago but didn't bother because they were in cahoots with big oil. :shrug:

They're raking in serious coin for fuel efficient cars now, from those who have the money. $40-50k for something that is 'good enough for now' and makes the new owners feel better about themselves.

Why in blazes should they make all cars fuel efficient and moderately priced? :rolleyes: They're still selling regular cars AND they're picking the pockets of the rich 'green' consumers.

Winky

I thought you got a tax breakin the land of fruits and nut for buying a hybred rip off car?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:
Darwin didn't say that everything gets better...just that it changes and the adaptations that help..stick around longer.

He also noted that things that do not work are soon eliminated.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
taking peanuts out of schools is just lessening the chances of something bad happening, at the minor inconvience to parents.

seen a mistake happen kid died, buy fucking salami

Take cars off the street.
Take knives out of the dinner plans.
Stop mining salt.

Do we really need to continue?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:
Do we really need to continue?

no please don't.

Just saying taking peanuts out of elementary schools, before kids are mature enough to be smart about things, when there is not enough supervision, when at recess things get exchanged, where the kid with the peanut butter cookie gets into a fight with the kid with allergies, and a finger ends up in a mouth.

We won't save every kid from everything, but take some of the chances of bad things happening away.

Winky

Well then Dad Gummit
now all they gotta do is built one
that I'd want to buy
and WeeHoo Winky's gonna be joining
the Liberal Wackos driving them
environmentally friendly golf carts!

I'll get one each for me and the Wifey-poo

and live happliy ever after getting fidy miles per gallon
buyin' that four dollar a gallon gasoline pumped
outta the ground beneath the feets of them evil jihad johnnies

America, what a country!