Anybody else Bowhunting this year?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
October 1st is the opening of Deer Season for Bows in Missouri. Anyone care to go with me? I got a new bow this year, see the pic. New rule in Missouri this year too, unlimited tags for any anterless deer. Basically the population is getting so big they need to do this.

Kawaii

Oooh, ooh, i want to come with you! I love archery! Too bad i'm underage, only own a simple carbon bow, and live in sweden. :crying4:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
This is the bow my wife wants, she's alot better shooter than me, but she won't hunt.

freako104

my brother in law more than likely will be. Ive never been humting but always wondered what its like adn wanted to go. i will sometime

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
do you eat the animals you kill?

I'm all for hunting as long as you don't go out killing just for the hell of it.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I never understood bowhunting. They're REAL easy to sneak up on. But I've yet to see a bow with much meat on it....:retard:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I got bad karma for shooting the sumbitches with a handgun, I ain't getting involved with this one :D

Professur

Always eat what I shoot.

What's it like? Different for everyone, I guess.

Try, thrilling, terrifing, worst feeling of your life, better than sex, all rolled into one. You line up a shot, and you heart starts racing to the point that you lose your aim. Then, he stops and lifts his head. Your gonna lose him in a tenth of a second. He's gonna pick up on you. He turns slightly, giving you an instant's view of him magnificense. You start to second guess yourself. You shouldn't kill him. He's too much for you. Too proud. Too much health, nature, power. Then your heartbeat stops, and you release. He spots you right then, hearing you. He starts to flinch, to run, but it's too late. Your aim was true. Right through the lungs. He starts to run, but he doesn't get very far. As you approach, you hear his last snuffle, as his lungs fill with blood. The strength goes out from him. Your buddy claps you on the shoulder, proclaiming what a trophy you've taken. But all you can do is look at the loss. You decide to sell the head. The hide. The meat, you keep. You'll not waste anything. It's sacrafice becomes your burden. It's pride, your shame.

And at the next barbeque, you can serve up steaks and burgers, knowing that you've done your part for nature. You kept your bargain. You fed your young, and left his young more food for them. They'll grow up stronger, faster, prouder, for the work you've done. If only you didn't keep seeing that profile, the instant before your heart stopped beating.

Oz

Who killed Bambi? :(

Thousands of years of civilisation and we have folks running around the woods with bows and arrows........too funny :D

Professur

Seriously high tech bows and arrows, dude. If you wanna laugh, talk to someone who does black powder or muzzle loader hunting. They're backwards.

Oz

Professur said:
Seriously high tech bows and arrows, dude. If you wanna laugh, talk to someone who does black powder or muzzle loader hunting. They're backwards.

Hey, if people wanna pretend to be Robin Hood or a 1800's peasant, tis fine by me :D:D

Professur

Dude, go into a hunting shop and ask to try a modern bow. Trust me. Robin Hood never had anything like this.

Just an aside. For a bit, when I was working nights with Bish, I started making chainmail. 12AWG wire, in half inch rings. Damn tight, and damn strong. I put it to the test with a friends .22 and 50lbs bow. It stopped the .22 cold at 50'. The arrow went right through. The $10 hunting head was wrecked, but the tip still penetrated. On a human, it would have been a kill. Scared the dickens outta me. BTW, it also stopped the 3.5lbs axe, and the machete. A humans ribs would have been crushed, but the armour held.

Oz

Professur said:
Dude, go into a hunting shop and ask to try a modern bow. Trust me. Robin Hood never had anything like this.

lol.........oh man, it dosn't matter how many pulleys and new carbons ya stick on it..........it's still a pointy object being forcefully projected into the heart of Bambi for entertainment.