Apple

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I know this is more S&T but i need a quick answer

If a laptop is an "Apple something" (the words of my technologically impaired mother) is there ANYWAY it could be anything but a MAC?

Are there ANY PCs that have apple in their name? (I am REALLY going out on a limb here btw)

Apple wouldn't let that name show up on a PC...They sued eMachines for infringing on the iMac logo...

Squiggy said:
Now if only the computers would earn the priviledge of such fine accomodations... :D

Perhaps if they were based on an open architecture, they would gain widespread appeal instead of lurking in the background like the ugly kid at the dance... ;) ... Naaahhhh... :D

windows gained widespread appeal, doesn't get much more closed than that, well, if they could keep their code locked down and safe that is :D

What is wrong with Macs is that I don't know how to use them and i don't know anyone in RL who knows. It would essentially be a very expensive solitaire machine. Do Macs even have solitare? :retard:

macs have really cool solitare. they're really not any harder to use than PCs, just different

Squiggy said:
They're actually much simpler than PCs....

So's a 5-pound sledgehammer. :D Stick with the PC. Mac's, while better-built, are not as well supported in the computer world. Never were, and probably never will be. Besides...Apples crash almost as often. :p

I love the MC's UI..the OS is quite stable from what i have seen after working on them somewhat now....though a lack of clear cut solution right away can annoy Window users. Mac's like to hide stuff from you..there are barely any buttons on the new G4 desktops....where as PC the whole bang and kaboodle is there for you.

Get used to them...they have exceelnt designed User interface which PC could use now..XP is only a step in the right direction of UI..i suspect LONG HORN will be better...or whatever it will be called.

Now if PC's could only make my toast i'll be set:cool: :headbang:

Back