Arizona takes one step closer to Fascism

valkyrie

The oath of citizenship for Canada reads thus:

Quote:
I swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfill my duties as a Canadian citizen.
I love jackin' with my Canadian relatives by reminding them that they still pay money to The British Mickey Mouse. ;)
God save the queen... cuz tourists are money!

MrBishop

I love jackin' with my Canadian relatives by reminding them that they still pay money to The British Mickey Mouse. ;)
God save the queen... cuz tourists are money!

Money? Nope. We have a Governor General (Queen's representative in Canada), who holds a mostly ceremonial position... kinda like a PR person. The closest QueenE gets to our money is her face on our coins.

Winky

Arizona is fighting for your Freedom

Canada or the Brits ain't got nuthin' to do with
beanenrs out here in the desert.

ResearchMonkey

Jim's right, you folks need to declare war on Mexico.

Translation for Minx:

kissmyazsm.png

Professur

Money? Nope. We have a Governor General (Queen's representative in Canada), who holds a mostly ceremonial position... kinda like a PR person. The closest QueenE gets to our money is her face on our coins.

In practice ... but in law ... the queen could exert the power than she still legally retains. Learn your history. The queen, and her representative are still the heads of state. The Prime minister is the head of the government ... not the state. The British prime minister isn't the head of the party who won the most votes ... it's the guy whom the queen invites to form the gov't. That she usually invites the guy who won doesn't change that she could choose whomever she likes ... or noone at all. And it's all because the Lord Protector made the deal with the King to not slaughter the royal family in exchange for the Royal family not exerting their power contrary to the people's will.

valkyrie

"In 1953, a Canadian law, the Royal Style and Titles Act, formally conferred upon Elizabeth II the title of Queen of Canada."
Canadian Heritage - Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
"The sovereign similarly only draws from Canadian coffers for support in the performance of her duties when in Canada or acting as Queen of Canada abroad; Canadians do not pay any money to the Queen or any other member of the Royal Family, either towards personal income or to support royal residences outside of Canada.[33] Normally, tax dollars pay only for the costs associated with the governor general and ten lieutenant governors as instruments of the Queen's authority, including travel, security, residences, offices, ceremonies, and the like.[33] In the absence of official reports on the full cost of the monarchy, the Monarchist League of Canada regularly issues a survey based on various federal and provincial budgets, expenditures, and estimates; the 2009 edition found that the institution cost Canadians roughly $50 million in 2008."
The Monarchy of Canada (wikipedia)
Ha! Read it and weep. You're paying for the British Mickey Mouse. My suggestion: get rid of those British ties once and for all. (Gotta admire the way the French did it so that none could weasel their way back into power.)

Professur

Ha! Read it and weep. You're paying for the British Mickey Mouse. My suggestion: get rid of those British ties once and for all. (Gotta admire the way the French did it so that none could weasel their way back into power.)

Yeah, look how well it worked out for them. Look how much better they're doing compared to .... Norway, Sweden, Luxembourg, Belgium and Liechtenstein.

MrBishop

In practice ... but in law ... the queen could exert the power than she still legally retains. Learn your history. The queen, and her representative are still the heads of state. The Prime minister is the head of the government ... not the state. The British prime minister isn't the head of the party who won the most votes ... it's the guy whom the queen invites to form the gov't. That she usually invites the guy who won doesn't change that she could choose whomever she likes ... or noone at all. And it's all because the Lord Protector made the deal with the King to not slaughter the royal family in exchange for the Royal family not exerting their power contrary to the people's will.

She CAN but doesn't and is unlikely ever to do so. Like I said - ceremonial.

Winky

Canada takes one step closer to well Nothing

I say the Queen takes over Canada and throws out the Frenchies!

Winky

Arizona has been washed over by a brown tide.

its all just a joke

Go on refute the two points made at five minutes.
Legal Hispanics are against illegal immigrants and
“we just let them go now because ICE doesn’t pick them up”.
I swear to the deity of your choosing, that is what has gone on here for 30 years.
If you are an illegal you needn’t concern yourself with our lows.

Cesar Chavez marched against illegal immigration.

valkyrie

Yeah, look how well it worked out for them. Look how much better they're doing compared to .... Norway, Sweden, Luxembourg, Belgium and Liechtenstein.
Explain. I don't know what you mean.

Been to Liechtenstein... money money money and lots of it.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Explain. I don't know what you mean.

Been to Liechtenstein... money money money and lots of it.

He's saying that France hasn't much of an economy.

BTW...has anyone given thought to the fact that the fences we build are on our territory, not Mexico?

Winky

The Difference Between California and Arizona

California:
The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out and attacks dog.

1. Governor starts to intervene, reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.
2. He calls animal control. Animal control captures coyote and spends $200 testing it for diseases & $500 upon relocating it.
3. He calls veterinarian. Vet collects dead dog and spends $200 testing it for diseases.
4. Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting bite wound bandaged.
5. Running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Wildlife Services conduct a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is clear of dangerous animals.
6. Governor spends $50,000 of state funds implementing a "coyote awareness" program for residents of the area.
7. State legislature spends $2 million investigating how to better handle rabies and how to possibly eradicate the disease.
8. Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack and for letting the Governor intervene.
9. Cost: $75,000 to train new security agent.
10. PETA protests the coyote relocation and files suit against the state.

Arizona:
The Governor of Arizona is jogging with her dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out and attacks dog.
1. Governor shoots coyote and keeps jogging. Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
2. Buzzards eat dead coyote.