As we scramble to ease our "guilty conscience"

Can't we all just get along?

All we are saying, is give peace a chance...

You get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar...

BTW...How much money will I be getting? :D

spike said:
I would stick around looking for opportunities to kick some slavemaster ass.

Just curious. How much thought did you really put into that answer? I like it, on the surface. I also know that we, especially the Rebel, tend to use 21 century morals to judge humanity from eons past.

SouthernN'Proud said:
You aren't a good example of the norm. You have also failed to give proper consideration to the truth of the myths you have swallowed. If you had been treated as is so often described, there would be mental intimidation and heaven knows what else in your way. But, suit yourself.

I have already addressed in painstaking detail your assertaion about human rights. If you can't comprehend an opposing viewpoint, we're wasting time. As to the 50% statement, I clearly stated that it fluctuated decade to decade. You pull one and think that proves something. Nice try, but flawed.

Apparently, you're the one driving this car. I don't care what you believe or what you ask. I stated I'll discuss anything you like, and there are dozens on here who know I won't back away from this topic. That's because I'm right, whether you choose to rethink the lies you memorized for a diploma or not. I was fed the same line of crap to regurgitate. I since became an adult and learned to read for myself and draw conclusions based on fact, not myth. Others (many others) choose not to do so. Their loss.

My point had nothing to with myths or stuff I learned for my diploma. All the info is right in this thread. The confederate loss ment and end of slavery for huge numbers of people up to 15 years earlier. Therefore the confederate loss was a huge advancement of human rights. At least the human rights of lthe slaves.

I'm still not clear what part of that you disagree with now.

spike said:
My point had nothing to with myths or stuff I learned for my diploma. All the info is right in this thread. The confederate loss ment and end of slavery for huge numbers of people up to 15 years earlier. Therefore the confederate loss was a huge advancement of human rights. At least the human rights of lthe slaves.

I'm still not clear what part of that you disagree with now.

That's right here too.

No one, least of all me, is disputing the claim you have made half a dozen times already. It seems the only point you are capable of making though. What I am trying to get you to do is look beyond what you memorized so well in 10th grade and see what really happened. Along with the end of slavery, it began the era of repression of Southerners, black white male female whatever. It is still going on today, and I'm as sick of it as the abolitionists were 150 years ago. I have zero problem with the end of slavery - applaud it in fact and sincerely wish it had never been started - as much as that will shock you. I know it explodes every preconceived notion you hold dear. That's OK, too. It's classical conditioning...you see the image of our battle flag, your knee jerks, and you recite. Pavlov would have loved your kind. I am trying to get you to stop salivating at the sound of a bell and to actually look at what is being placed on that plate of stuff you have been asked to swallow.

So when you feel capable of discussing more than one sentence let me know; until then I'm through. I've been there and done that and it's tedious as Hell. But, education always is.

SouthernN'Proud said:
That's right here too.

No one, least of all me, is disputing the claim you have made half a dozen times already. It seems the only point you are capable of making though. What I am trying to get you to do is look beyond what you memorized so well in 10th grade and see what really happened. Along with the end of slavery, it began the era of repression of Southerners, black white male female whatever. It is still going on today, and I'm as sick of it as the abolitionists were 150 years ago. I have zero problem with the end of slavery - applaud it in fact and sincerely wish it had never been started - as much as that will shock you. I know it explodes every preconceived notion you hold dear. That's OK, too. It's classical conditioning...you see the image of our battle flag, your knee jerks, and you recite. Pavlov would have loved your kind. I am trying to get you to stop salivating at the sound of a bell and to actually look at what is being placed on that plate of stuff you have been asked to swallow.

So when you feel capable of discussing more than one sentence let me know; until then I'm through. I've been there and done that and it's tedious as Hell. But, education always is.

There's no knee jerk readtion here. I think there's just abig mental block on your part. I am capable of discussing more than one sentence once you quit avoiding it. Quit trying to make unfounded assumptions about what I memorized when I'm basing this on your own claims.

Let's settle this and move on to your other subjects.

1. Would the slaves been better off staying slaves for another 15 years into it got phased out for financial reasons.

-If your answer is no then the confederate loss was a big advancement of human rights for the slaves.

-If your answer is yes then please explain.

Once you stop avoiding this I'd be glad to discuss repression of Southerners who weren't slaves. If this is true turning large numbers of people from slaves into repressed free men is still a human rights advancement.

spike said:
There's no knee jerk readtion here. I think there's just abig mental block on your part. I am capable of discussing more than one sentence once you quit avoiding it. Quit trying to make unfounded assumptions about what I memorized when I'm basing this on your own claims.

The confederate loss was a huge advancement of human rights at least for slaves. To dispute that fact you're going to have to give some reason why their human rights would have been just as well off if they had stayed slaves for another 15 years and phased out for financial reasons.

Once you stop avoiding this I'd be glad to discuss repression of Southerners who weren't slaves. If this is true turning large numbers of people from slaves into repressed free men is still a human rights advancement.

How about the 620,000 Americans who died in order to shorten Southern slavery by 15 years? Does that come into your human rights opinion?

Oh wait, half of them are Southerners, and most of them are white, so I guess it doesn't really matter, because there are minorities that need to be saved from the evil rednecks!

spike said:

Let's settle this and move on to your other subjects.

1. Would the slaves been better off staying slaves for another 15 years into it got phased out for financial reasons.

-If your answer is no then the confederate loss was a big advancement of human rights for the slaves.

-If your answer is yes then please explain.

I've answered it as many times as I intend to. You have a block on one thing, and that ain't my fault. It is obvious that trying to discuss anything with you is a complete waste of time. I don't know how else to answer your one infatuation besides the ways I have already done so.

Hence, buggar off. Your ideaology is commonplace, I can find it anytime I want to, why waste any more time with it. If you ever decide to learn something, like who MADE them slaves in the first place, lemme know.

It's a simple yes or no. If you already answered yes or no then please link me to that post or answer the question.

There's no reason to type insults with every post while you avoid it. That really just weakens your arguement.

spike said:

It's a simple yes or no. If you already answered yes or no then please link me to that post or answer the question.

There's no reason to type insults with every post while you avoid it. That really just weakens your arguement.

He answered it.
SnP said:
I have zero problem with the end of slavery - applaud it in fact and sincerely wish it had never been started.

Gonz said:
He answered it.

So you think he disagrees that the slaves would have been better off staying slaves for another 15 years into it got phased out for financial reasons.

I didn't get that from the reply but if you're pretty sure I'll take your word for it. It sure is hard to get a straight answer. I guess it's understandable that someone with that flag as an avatar is going to be reluctant to come out say that there were great things to come from the confederate loss though.

Maybe the Israeli flag in your avatar has something to do with your reluctance to see the situations discussed in the Israeli threads clearly.

This is just Avatar protection :)

spike said:
Maybe the Israeli flag in your avatar has something to do with your reluctance to see the situations discussed in the Israeli threads clearly.

Once again, you're seeing thru the prism of the UN/NY Times (liberalism in general). Take off those blinders & see that Israel is protectng its citizens, as a government is supposed to do.

Gonz said:
Once again, you're seeing thru the prism of the UN/NY Times (liberalism in general). Take off those blinders & see that Israel is protectng its citizens, as a government is supposed to do.

Blah, blahn blah it's clear by your avatar that you can't evaluate this objectively but let's save it for the other threads.

So you really think SouthernNProud is in agreement now about the benefits of the confederate loss?

Mr S N Proud & I both like the south. That's where our agreeement ends. Tis better he speak fer hisself.

spike said:
So you think he disagrees that the slaves would have been better off staying slaves for another 15 years into it got phased out for financial reasons.

I didn't get that from the reply but if you're pretty sure I'll take your word for it. It sure is hard to get a straight answer. I guess it's understandable that someone with that flag as an avatar is going to be reluctant to come out say that there were great things to come from the confederate loss though.

This is just Avatar protection :)

Inspector, we have a clue!

Nothing new under the sun I guess. Just another bigot looking for a fight.

To the ignore list with you, where you should find several like-minded bigots with which to converse. Begone.

The funny part of that is that Gonz ain't no kike. He's a semi-spic, but he ain't no jew-boy. :lol:

*Lord, I apologize for that...*

And for the rest of us...

I guess it's understandable that someone with that flag as an avatar is going to be...

is precisely why I maintain the attitudes I maintain. Why so many of you have such a hard time coming out and admitting you hate Southerners is beyond me. You are so brainwashed you don't even realize how much you hate us. Every time one of us tries to defend ourself, we get lambasted with lies and mythology. When we refuse to back down from that, the old slavery horse hets dragged out. Never mind that slavery was practiced in every state in the Union...it's the sole burden of a Southerner to bear. When that doesn't shut us up, we drag out the stereotypes...hillbilly...hick...trailer trash...racist...it never ends.

Yet let one of US fire back using the same ammunition, and all Hell breaks loose. THEN we're intolerent, and ignorant, and misinformed.

Just cut to the chase, come to grips with your hatred, and save us all time.

SouthernN'Proud said:
And for the rest of us...

is precisely why I maintain the attitudes I maintain. Why so many of you have such a hard time coming out and admitting you hate Southerners is beyond me. You are so brainwashed you don't even realize how much you hate us. Every time one of us tries to defend ourself, we get lambasted with lies and mythology. When we refuse to back down from that, the old slavery horse hets dragged out. Never mind that slavery was practiced in every state in the Union...it's the sole burden of a Southerner to bear. When that doesn't shut us up, we drag out the stereotypes...hillbilly...hick...trailer trash...racist...it never ends.

Yet let one of US fire back using the same ammunition, and all Hell breaks loose. THEN we're intolerent, and ignorant, and misinformed.

Just cut to the chase, come to grips with your hatred, and save us all time.

Odly enough, the missus bought a book on CSA flags and banners in Kennesaw. I just got a $20 CSA coin.

Hey, I wonder how much land that would buy me?

Back