As we scramble to ease our "guilty conscience"

I don't understand why we make fun of hicks for living in trailers while we yanks are spending just as much, if not more, to live in a 50 sq ft apartment/broom closet in a city.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Inspector, we have a clue!

Nothing new under the sun I guess. Just another bigot looking for a fight.

To the ignore list with you, where you should find several like-minded bigots with which to converse. Begone.

I'd really like to see you point out this bigotry of mine. I just keep seeing you throwing around insults and diversions instead of answering a straight yes/no question.

----
Correction - After another look I guess you did answer the question here-> "No one, least of all me, is disputing the claim you have made half a dozen times already."

My apologies, I missed it in all the flamebait and diversions.

SouthernN'Proud said:
And for the rest of us...

is precisely why I maintain the attitudes I maintain. Why so many of you have such a hard time coming out and admitting you hate Southerners is beyond me. You are so brainwashed you don't even realize how much you hate us. Every time one of us tries to defend ourself, we get lambasted with lies and mythology. When we refuse to back down from that, the old slavery horse hets dragged out. Never mind that slavery was practiced in every state in the Union...it's the sole burden of a Southerner to bear. When that doesn't shut us up, we drag out the stereotypes...hillbilly...hick...trailer trash...racist...it never ends.

Yet let one of US fire back using the same ammunition, and all Hell breaks loose. THEN we're intolerent, and ignorant, and misinformed.

Just cut to the chase, come to grips with your hatred, and save us all time.

I have absolutely nothing against southerners. I did have something against the insults and diversions that were so heavily used in this discussion though.

If there were lies or mythology in this thread they came from you as that was the only info besides the census data that I used.

You did a lot of firing back without ever being fired on. The comment about the avatars was only to point out that you and Gonz show your bias on two different subjects right in your avatar and maybe it's unreasonable for me to expect an objective discussion.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Why so many of you have such a hard time coming out and admitting you hate Southerners is beyond me. You are so brainwashed you don't even realize how much you hate us. Every time one of us tries to defend ourself, we get lambasted with lies and mythology. When we refuse to back down from that, the old slavery horse hets dragged out. Never mind that slavery was practiced in every state in the Union...it's the sole burden of a Southerner to bear. When that doesn't shut us up, we drag out the stereotypes...hillbilly...hick...trailer trash...racist...it never ends.

This might be the most narcissistic OTC post ever.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Cool. Do I get an award?

Free trip to one of three destinations...

Boston for the 4th of July
Duluth for camping on the North Shore in January
St. Louis for the 2007 Frozen Four in April

rrfield said:
Free trip to one of three destinations...

Boston for the 4th of July
Duluth for camping on the North Shore in January
St. Louis for the 2007 Frozen Four in April

I'll take the $3.95 cash equivelent please.

spike said:
maybe it's unreasonable for me to expect an objective discussion.

If you want objective go find a board where disagreement is barred. We have opinions & are encouraged to share them, especially if someone else is wrong.

You aren't arguing right & wrong. You're arguing oversight.

Back