Batton down the hatches

SouthernN'Proud said:
And you come down here in July without a snorkel to handle the humidity.

Been there, done that, and I've got the t-shirt and mug to prove it. (twice in fact. About 15-20 years back, I was second driver for my mum and grandmother when they went to Nashville.)

Professur said:
Oh, C'mon. Your t-shirt weather has you in sweaters. You come up here and give me a week to work on you, and you'll never be cold again.
:devious: That sounds decidedly lewd.

unclehobart said:
Tonks and I were driven awake by the Civil Defense alarms at 713 am this morning... bleh.

Apparently there is a super fast, super windy, supercell storm producing nickel sized hail in the southern half of the county moving east through the city. It missed us by about 2 miles, but we got one hell of a lightning show.

Yup! I've been sleeping with the windows open, and there's one right at the firehouse. About fucking levitated off the bed this AM.

Take it anyway you want, just so long as you get up here. The maple's running. Actually, this is gonna be a bad season for maple. You all might wanna get your stores in before the market realizes the shortfall.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I heard three were killed in Rutherford County...
Really? The 5AM news said it was all up around Dyersburg. Have to check the DNJ.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Last time I read it, we were discussing tornadoes in Dixie. Who's got their mushroom in the way?

You can discuss tornadoes in Dixie all you want. I weathered tornado warnings with canvas walls and slept like a baby as the Atlanta Motor Speedway was shredded. Colour me highly unimpressed.

Professur said:
You can discuss tornadoes in Dixie all you want. I weathered tornado warnings with canvas walls and slept like a baby as the Atlanta Motor Speedway was shredded. Colour me highly unimpressed.

Big difference. Color me unimpressed too. :p

Professur said:

:rolleyes:

We have them all round us in the farmland/forests, but not usually in town.

There was one here in the city once - eight killed, 155 injured, 300 homes destroyed and $100 million in damage

Quote Prof:
Have I mentioned before that we don't get earthquakes, hurricanes or tornados?

Quote Slim:
Or warmth? Sunlight?

I love my sweaters, and would love to wear them all year long...as a matter of fact my hair does so much better in winter weather...you get NO hurricanes you say? What the hell am I doing down here? Slim....PACK!

Back