Batton down the hatches

Actually, it is doable. Add a pull out sofa, or perhaps a Murphy bed to the living room. But I'd rather keep boffing the missus in the living room as a special instead of the derigeur. In fact, the wall where my computer rack is right now would perfectly fit a Murphy. Maybe I'll just go ahead and include that in the renovations.

Professur said:
2 bedrooms, 5 people. You do the math.

Occasionally we are 5 people. Sooo...and I'm not going anywhere without Slim...although honey, with all that snow you wouldn't have to mow the yard!!! :) Seriously, I couldn't move that far away from the girls OR move Payton that far away from her Daddy. But a visit sure would be fun!!! I haven't REALLY seen snow since I lived in Tennessee.

simplyred said:
Occasionally we are 5 people. Sooo...and I'm not going anywhere without Slim...although honey, with all that snow you wouldn't have to mow the yard!!! :) Seriously, I couldn't move that far away from the girls OR move Payton that far away from her Daddy. But a visit sure would be fun!!! I haven't REALLY seen snow since I lived in Tennessee.

Well, God willing there won't be any more snow until next November/December sometime (atleast not that stays on the ground...some will probably fall in Oct but won't stick)...

Slim? Need I remind you that we visited Halifax in June? Remember I had my birthday there? And we were Fafafafafreezing? In June?

simplyred said:
:eek5: HOCKEY? I like hockey! It wouldn't be the Preds....but I like hockey enough that any team will do!!!

NOT THE CANADIANS!

The Sens are doing so well this year that I can allow one to like them without a lynching...the Leafs however are the teams with heart. They've been getting progressively worse each year but I have a good feeling after this year Quinn will be out on his sorry ass and the Leafs will once again begin their rise to greatness. The club as a whole (including fans) have got the heart...they just need to find the man to lead them to the top...I'd like to see Gretzky coach the Leafs but seeing as he owns Phoenix Coyotes I don't think it'll happen...

tonksy said:
Slim? Need I remind you that we visited Halifax in June? Remember I had my birthday there? And we were Fafafafafreezing? In June?

But that's Halifax, it's colder in the maritimes. I've gone to Newfoundland in July and wore pants and a jacket the whole time I was there...I don't put on a pair of jeans all of July and Aug (at the very least) around here unless it's some WEIRD weather for a day or two.

I think if you were particularly brave and really really wanted snow, come winter, we could probably manage to squeeze in time for a viewing of the legendary Montreal Canadians. Hell, if you planned it right, they might even be playing the Preds. The cottage is a winter wonderland. Who knows, by then you might even manage to brow beat Tonks and Unc to drag their sorry butts along with you, and all three girls would have a vacation to remember. In fact ...... although this is a longshot ...... a white christmas could be in the cards.

Y'know ..... this might just be the thing. A winter BBQ. I could make arrangements with some of the local hunters for moose and caribou steaks. Swimming would be right out (unless someone wants to polar bear) but cross country skiing would be easy. I don't know anyone without a spare set of skis they could loan out. Great downhill less than an hour away. Mulled cider before an open fire? Or if you wanted to push it back to spring, there's still snow in the hills, but the sugar shacks are open. That would be a real kick in the seat, and you wouldn't have to worry about driving in snow.

Remember that scene in A Christmas Story where the little brother is so bundled up that he can't put his arms down and then falls over in the snow and can't get up? That would be me and the girls.

No, it wouldn't. And I can promise that. Y'know, gimme your sizes. I'm gonna send you a set of thermal underwear, and socks. You wear them and then tell me you can't move, and I'll give up on you.

simplyred said:
although honey, with all that snow you wouldn't have to mow the yard!!!
There still is the problem with maintaining the igloo year round, but it's not half so bad as dealing with grass.

T, while it was pretty cold, the REAL cold (on your b'day) was when we were up off the coast doing that NATO exercise...15 deg F with a 40 mph wind

Professur said:
I think if you were particularly brave and really really wanted snow, come winter, we could probably manage to squeeze in time for a viewing of the legendary Montreal Canadians.

Isn't everyone in Montreal a Canadian? :confused:

Back