BBQ entrances and exits

unclehobart

For those of you coming from far away, I would like to know expected entry and exit times as well as wether one needs a ride or not from bus stations and airports so that Tonks and I can plan post BBQ activities and possibly scoot down to Florida for a few days.

Professur

We're not locked in yet, but it's looking like a pullout on the night of the 21st. Arrival is anytime past 19 hours after that. Probably the 23rd. The Georgia Tourist office still hasn't sent me the guide I requested, so we're a little light on preplanning. But we're planning to buy a season family pass at Stone Mountain, so that the kids have something close that they can float in and out of for entertainment. We need to get the missus into the loop for anything bigger. If we're doing Fl, do you want to hotel it? If so, I'll want to driveway the trailer and save the nights. But I'll need to know that in advance. Campsites never, ever return money on bookings. Or shall I plan to haul the trailer, and we can find a campsite? There's room enough.

HomeLAN

I've arranged for the 23-27th off (Thursday thru Monday), and am available for airport runs, etc., so keep that in mind, Rob.

I'm still wondering who's sleeping where. The rate Tonks has been booking people, I still have an unclaimed spare room. Sharky had dibs on it if he wanted it, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of him for 6 weeks.

unclehobart

I can't make definitive plans on running off to Florida until I know when Spot, SL, and Inkys exit flight times are. We'd love to come hang out with famile de Prof... I just need to confer with Tonks to find out how much time she can get off of work and wether a camping vacation is her speed.

Where in Florida were you shooting for? Tampa? Destin? I'm sure that beach coming and grill work are the orders of the day down there instead of true touristy sight seeing.

Professur

I'm blissfully unimformed about Florida. Never actually thought I'd go there, what with all the bad news (murders, muggings, tourists) from there.

Dave

i'm arriving around 1400 on 6/24
flight out is 1940 on 6/26
i have a car reserved so getting around isnt an issue for me.

unclehobart

Professur said:
I'm blissfully unimformed about Florida. Never actually thought I'd go there, what with all the bad news (murders, muggings, tourists) from there.
I dont feel all that qualified to give an informed opinion about Florida as I haven't spent more than 6 weeks of my life there spread over a lifetime. What I can tell you is that if you want the blue water and white beaches is to stay on the gulf side. Tonks served on a base in north Florida for a while and has seen more than I... heck... where the H is Sharky? He should be able to tell us a good deal about the north gulf coast stretch. The Destin area always comes to mind... but it is also a touristy priced area.

Professur

Nearly all the beaches I've ever been on consisted of perfectly smooth rocks from the size of your fist down to fishtank gravel. The only sand was adobe red in PEI.

Just looked up a map. I didn't realize Florida spread so far west. I thought it came up as a peninsula right up to Georgia. You guys really should steal back that coastline.

HomeLAN

Professur said:
Nearly all the beaches I've ever been on consisted of perfectly smooth rocks from the size of your fist down to fishtank gravel. The only sand was adobe red in PEI.

Well, then, you're in for a pleasant surprise.

unclehobart

so this is tonks....
"iffin' we go to pensacola i can point out the highlights on the town side. the beach there is nice and has pretty white sand....it's a little touristy...and it is the redneck riviera. i wouldn't mind a return visit. i'd say let's go to the naval aviation museum but i think it took a pounding in the last hurricaine.

we can't take off from here until tuesday for our sick kitties, they gotta go back to the vet then."

Stop Laughing

Looks like these would be my top times (EST) :

Arrive 9:05 AM on the 23rd
Depart 10:08 AM on the 27th

Both are still flexible, especially the 27th, I can make either or both later in the day if you want to make plans for that day or whatever. I'll leave it open until tomorrow night (don't wanna wait until the last minute like last time) so lemme know if you have other plans before I buy it.

Inkara1

My arrival time is 8:36 p.m. on Thursday the 23rd and my departure time is 5:45 p.m. on Monday the 27th.

If I could have made it an earlier arrival so maybe SL and I could ride over on the same trip, it would have been nice, but I've also got a four-hour drive to the airport (I'm flying out from LAX). My flight leaves LA at 11:15 a.m. I have to arrive at the airport way early... so I need to be on the road at probably 5:30 or 6 in the morning.

HomeLAN

Stop Laughing said:
Looks like these would be my top times (EST) :

Arrive 9:05 AM on the 23rd
Depart 10:08 AM on the 27th

Both are still flexible, especially the 27th, I can make either or both later in the day if you want to make plans for that day or whatever. I'll leave it open until tomorrow night (don't wanna wait until the last minute like last time) so lemme know if you have other plans before I buy it.

No sweat. I can pick you up and drop you. Inky'd be tougher, but could be handled.

unclehobart

HomeLAN said:
No sweat. I can pick you up and drop you. Inky'd be tougher, but could be handled.
If you want to do SL, I'll get Inky. That way we only have to make one trip each. Considering the traffic at the hours he is trying to get in and out, perhaps you might want him to shuttle up MARTA to the northside.