BBQ - Sept 5th at Paul and Natalia's

paul_valaru said:
who asked you?!?!

one can of the spagetti stuff, i want to try it

I said you might want a pack of smokes.

Oh, I know what I want, a pack of Misty Lights 120mm menthol!! Pleaaaaaase!

ok, smokes and spaghettio's....(i may have a harder time finding the 120's so it may be just the 100's...ok? but i promise to try.

unclehobart said:
k... couple cartons of smokes ... nasty ass subhuman canned goo.. and a nuke. Shouldn't be a problem.

not a carton silly, just a pack. tonks, 100's 120's whatever. if they don't have either, then forget it. Don't worry about it.

I have to agree on the nasty ass subhuman canned goo though. *puke*

They're probably on sale here next week... ah, forget it, you're better off without it. I wish I could bring our pizza, we got some stuff to die for here. :( If someone can provide a crockpot/slow cooker and a grocery store, I may be able to make Italian Beef, one of our local dishes that I love. Anyways, I've finally got all my stuff in order (except still one very paranoid person around here who's less likely to agree to this thing than my empty bookcase, no matter how hard I try) and will be there! :) Oh, just remembered one thing I have to do, clean up my camera, I haven't done that in like a few months, I got like 100 images/movies on there, most of which are garbage cause of the bad timing from the flash, but I think I'll get enough of my own.

Stop Laughing said:
They're probably on sale here next week... ah, forget it, you're better off without it. I wish I could bring our pizza, we got some stuff to die for here. :( If someone can provide a crockpot/slow cooker and a grocery store, I may be able to make Italian Beef, one of our local dishes that I love. Anyways, I've finally got all my stuff in order (except still one very paranoid person around here who's less likely to agree to this thing than my empty bookcase, no matter how hard I try) and will be there! :) Oh, just remembered one thing I have to do, clean up my camera, I haven't done that in like a few months, I got like 100 images/movies on there, most of which are garbage cause of the bad timing from the flash, but I think I'll get enough of my own.

we can hit the grocery store near by, that's not a problem. i don't have a slow cooker though.

SL? how are you getting there? because we never clarified if you needed our assistance....we haven't planned anything. tell me you have a way.

oh...and i have 2 slow cookers...let me know if i need to bring one.

Uki Chick said:
Ok, so I asked him what it was all about. Something about a comment you made of bringing ear plugs so as to not hear us having sex. So he called you a perv.

hahaha yeah cause you said in another thread where they were talking about morning sex something about not during the week but mornings are another story :D

I'm sorry tonksy for not telling you, I got busy and so short on time to arrange what we first talked about, but now I got my flights all taken care of. It was my fault, not yours. I could use a slow cooker, ours is currently, um, well I have no idea, haven't seen it in a long time, I should really clean this place up...

Unc - I have a coffee grinder if you don't mind grinding for a few days...it'll make the last part of your trip better :)
SL-I have a pressure-cooker...is that the same as a slow cooker?

I don't think so, a slow cooker is to let it simmer for a long time (this will take 6-8 hours), although I'm not exactly sure what a pressure cooker is (most of the stuff in the kitchen scares me, I rarely even use the microwave), I doubt it's the same.

A pressure cooker is way different than a slow-cooker (Crock Pot). Pressure cookers have lids that are secured to the pan with six screws.

I was under the impression that food crossing the border was a no-no... which would probably include Chef Boyardee products. Given that, I'm surprised they'd let cigarettes cross the border.

I should point out that, with exchange rates taken into account, the price listed for a pack of cigs up there is pretty similar to the cost in California.

Inkara1 said:
A pressure cooker is way different than a slow-cooker (Crock Pot). Pressure cookers have lids that are secured to the pan with six screws.

I was under the impression that food crossing the border was a no-no... which would probably include Chef Boyardee products. Given that, I'm surprised they'd let cigarettes cross the border.

I should point out that, with exchange rates taken into account, the price listed for a pack of cigs up there is pretty similar to the cost in California.
the chef boyardee is canned...shouldn't be an issue...and visiting canucks load up on our cigarettes when they come...so unless there is a double standard we have a ton of fresh fruit in our cooler that i imagine we will have to consume.
lord help us, we are headed to my mother's today :( hopefully this little overnight stay won't kill us... (yay! i get to bring home the guy with the ponytail! :D i love to torture my poor, aging mother)

everybody miss us! we'll be offline for a few days at least.

Damn, I'm on vacation this week. I really ought to show up & scare the kiddies, worry the adults & rattle the authorities. I'm just worried Canada would jail me for imposing freedom :jump:

Back