Beast from the East

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
One of the top5 & maybe the biggest snowstorm in recorded history. I don't hafta go to Maine now :D The boss said, nevermind.

Has anyone seen pics of NYC this morning? Damn!!! That's a lotta snow for the city.

Enjoy your day off non-government workers.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
My mom is in Beaver Falls, and she's effectively snowed in. Only 7" overnight, though, so I don't see any cause for concern. ;)

greenfreak

Two asthma attacks and counting! Shoveling snow is not fun when you have four foot snow drifts.

Today is Rusty's first day at his new job. Yeah ok! One of only three parkways that go to the island that I live on was closed completely and the other two were impassable. I wouldn't have been able to get to Rusty even if I wanted to.

I wish you could see this. I shoveled a path to the end of the back deck at 7am so that the dog could go outside and pee and the path is completely covered again. That was my first asthma attack of the day.

Then, about an hour ago, I heard the snow plow go by and remembered that my car is parked on the street. I looked up and down the street, I'm the only car there and I'm plowed in. Snow up to the windows.

So out I went, shoveling my car out and then shoveling the end of the driveway so I could park behind my friend's car. Second asthma attack of the day.

It's not supposed to end till late tonight, they're expecting 12-24 inches for my area. Long Beach was hit harder because it's coastal, Rusty said there must already be two feet there.

Squiggy's going to get it worse than me though, they said 30 inches for Jersey. The record so far is in Maryland, 36 inches. But the rest of the week is supposed to be an average of 20 degrees warmer than it is today. Hopefully by tomorrow morning, the roads will be plowed, sanded and salted.

Gato_Solo

greenfreak said:
Oh and I did take pictures but it's not a digital camera so you'll just have to wait. :)

:grumpy: Meany. :grumpy:

Hope you feel better, soon. Asthma, like allergies, is a real pain in the patootie...and you've such a nice patootie, too. :(

Dave

just started snowing here about an hour ago. the weather nerds are predicting 12+ for the metro bston area. i let a black dog out to pee and let a white one in.

greenfreak

:laugh:

I got smart the second time and brought my inhaler with me. When I got in the car to warm it up, I took a hit and was ok for the next 15 minutes, then another hit when I came inside. I'm all jittery and stuff now but at least I can breathe!! :)

greenfreak

Spot, do yourself a favor and shovel every hour and get your car off the street if you can. It's such a slow moving storm that it's going to sit for a while. The deck that I shoveled three hours ago has another foot of snow on it right now.

I wonder how Sguiggy's doin?

Dave

with big storms, i'm usually out there every few hours. we have a 4 car driveway and diana's sister has a 3 car driveway not to mention the 60' walkway between drivways. looks like i'll be getting plenty of exercise today.

(we live in a duplex. me and diana on one side, her sister and mother on the other)

Gato_Solo

You three (Spot, GF, and Squiggy) take it easy, okay? Lots of hot chocolate, and some good old-fashined clam chowder (the original, not the 'red'), okay?

greenfreak

These are the days I wish I was friendly with someone who has a snowblower. I was the only person outside shoveling, which I thought was weird. Being it's also President's Day, not as many people were out on the road so that's good, they'll have more time to plow before rush hour tomorrow.

Uh oh, snow plow just went by again. Layla was at my side, laying by my feet. Now she's running for underneath the bed. Poor baby.

greenfreak

Hey, don't forget Ash, she's probably through it now but they got the worst so far from what I heard. Hope she's ok.

I wish I had clam chowder here. I do have hot cocoa, mini marshmallows, lots of coffee... I'm goin to watch a little tv now under a blanket with a hot cup of cocoa. :)

greenfreak

Just saw the mayor give a press conference. He's saying it costs around a million per inch. Multiply that by 20 inches... :eek: They've declared a state of emergency for NJ and NYC but not Long Island yet. Which means all the money for the snow removal is coming out of the counties budgets. Not smart.

MD had the biggest snowfall yet, they said 49 inches. 49!!! My God.

Good news is that it's supposedly going to dissipate in my neck of the woods around 4ish. Some say 4, some say midnight... I hope it stops before I go to bed so I can shovel and save myself from doing it tomorrow morning. I'm going to have enough of a time driving to Long Beach to pick up Rusty then drive him to work then drive me to work.

greenfreak

Trin!! Hope you're doin ok over there. I was thinking of you when they were talking about coastal flooding, I didn't know how close you were to the shore.

Can you tell your neighbor to come my way? It should only take 2 hours or so to get here. :D