Bin Laden warns of new attacks inside US: Al Jazeera

I'm not sure what your point was there. I was hoping you were going to explain how the sentence of mine you quoted would support a jihad.

flavio said:
Why would he do that?
Ok, I guess I'm mis-interpreting what you were saying maybe....
Could you put it in more simple terms of what you were saying you think his goal is?

catocom said:
Ok, I guess I'm mis-interpreting what you were saying maybe....
Could you put it in more simple terms of what you were saying you think his goal is?
It seems he got a couple ideas from these guys....

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind is closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar." -- Julius Caesar

and....

"Why would Hitler and his associates turn a blind eye to an impending terrorist attack on their national congressional building or actually assist with such a horrific deed? Because they knew what government officials have known throughout history — that during extreme national emergencies, people are most scared and thus much more willing to surrender their liberties in return for “security.” And that’s exactly what happened during the Reichstag terrorist crisis.

The day after the fire, Hitler persuaded President Hindenburg to issue a decree entitled, “For the Protection of the People and the State.” Justified as a “defensive measure against Communist acts of violence endangering the state,” the decree suspended the constitutional guarantees pertaining to civil liberties"

more....

flavio said:
It seems he got a couple ideas from these guys....

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind is closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar." -- Julius Caesar

So much for your first quote...

and....

flavio said:
"Why would Hitler and his associates turn a blind eye to an impending terrorist attack on their national congressional building or actually assist with such a horrific deed? Because they knew what government officials have known throughout history — that during extreme national emergencies, people are most scared and thus much more willing to surrender their liberties in return for “security.” And that’s exactly what happened during the Reichstag terrorist crisis.

This is so much supposition. That's like saying the US turned a blind eye towards the attack on Pearl Harbor in order to gain entry into WW II. Funny how all of these conspiracy theories come from the left, though...

PS...This kind of thing is occuring now for 9/11...

flavio said:
The day after the fire, Hitler persuaded President Hindenburg to issue a decree entitled, “For the Protection of the People and the State.” Justified as a “defensive measure against Communist acts of violence endangering the state,” the decree suspended the constitutional guarantees pertaining to civil liberties"

more opinionated crap based upon whining and hot air....

Your source is no more factual than the National Enquirer.

Gato_Solo said:
This is so much supposition. That's like saying the US turned a blind eye towards the attack on Pearl Harbor in order to gain entry into WW II.
Not really.

Funny how all of these conspiracy theories come from the left, though...
What theories are you talking about?

PS...This kind of thing is occuring now for 9/11...
What kind of thing?

http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0403a.asp
Your source is no more factual than the National Enquirer.
What makes you say that?

Gonz said:
Read the transcript & see how right your President is (it's awfully hard to get a decent, full transcript).
So the tape from Osama makes you feel Bush was right eh? It looks it could have some other effects as well....

the al-Qaeda leader's first message for more than a year will be a chilling and visceral reminder that he remains at large, waiting to strike again. Remind us that we're SCARED! :eek10:
It may raise awkward questions about why the world's most advanced military and intelligence services are unable to capture Bin Laden, believed to be hiding in a rugged area along Afghanistan's border with Pakistan.

Yet the most immediate political effect will probably be a boost in support for President George W Bush. Wow, Osama boosting support for Bush!?

The commander-in-chief has been under intense pressure in recent weeks, accused of trampling on civil liberties in pursuit of terror suspects. Civil Liberties? .....Bah

His defence has been that America is a nation at war. :eek:

So Bin Laden's latest threats to launch new attacks on the US will only serve to underline this argument. That's right, old Osama here to take that pressure away.:clap:

The White House will also cite the tape when trying to convince allies abroad that the use of tough tactics is justified - even when civilians are killed, as in last week's air raid in Pakistan. Thanks Osama! This will be real handy when we need to kill some of those pesky civilians. :gun4:

Terror experts say Bin Laden is a knowledgeable assessor of public opinion You sure are! You're the best! Thanx man.:love:

Source...
Oh but wait! Look Osama sounds like Kerry and agrees with all the things people against the war are saying that's putting such "intense pressure" on Bush...

Gonz said:
he sounded just like Kerry.

At least he's still on message. Quote:
the repeated errors your President Bush has committed
Quote:
an overwhelming majority of you want the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq
Quote:
the Vietnam Butcher
Quote:
deepens the doubt over the White House's information
Quote:
there is no difference between this criminality and Saddam's criminality
Quote:
And if you compare the small number of dead on the day that Bush announced the end of major operations in that fake, ridiculous show aboard the aircraft carrier with the tenfold number of dead and wounded who were killed in the smaller operations
your initials, in real life, wouldn't be UBL would they? Hey look people can think anyone against the war is just like Bin laden!!! Bush is going to be so happy!
Quote:
I say that results of polls please those who are sensible, and Bush's opposition to them is a mistake.
Quote:
which prevents the wasting of billions of dollars that have gone to those with influence and merchants of war in America who have supported Bush's election campaign with billions of dollars - which lets us understand the insistence by Bush and his gang to carry on with war.
...and holy crap he made himself seem really connected to Iraq! BushCo had that going before but people were starting to wise up. This will do wonders.

Bonus! He agrees that we should get out of Iraq! Now anyone who thinks we should leave we can call a bin Laden supporter! Bin Laden you da man. You've given you're buddy Bush such a gift here...we are so touched.

.....errr wait a sec...hold on.... hoooollld oooon!&?!$!

Bush and bin Laden aren't supposed to be buddies!? :hmm:

So why is doing doing all these nice things for BusH? He must have known the effect since "Terror experts say Bin Laden is a knowledgeable assessor of public opinion". What a weird thing for him to do.

Huh, this is interesting...maybe Osama isn't really feeling like such a buddy?

Swiss institute brands latest bin Laden tape a fake
November 29 2002

Paris: The latest audiotape statement attributed to Osama bin Laden is not authentic, according to a Swiss research institute.

The Lausanne-based Dalle Molle Institute for Perceptual Artificial Intelligence, IDIAP, said it was 95 per cent certain the tape does not feature bin Laden's voice.

The review of the tape was commissioned by France-2 television and its findings were presented by the institute's director, Professor Herve Bourlard, in a TV report.

Bourlard said the institute compared the voice on the tape, first aired two weeks ago on Al-Jazeera, an Arabic television network, with some 20 earlier recordings attributed to bin Laden.

Bourlard, a voice recognition expert, has worked extensively with the International Computer Science Institute at Berkeley, California. He has also worked as co-editor-in-chief of the Speech Communication journal with ICSI director Nelson Morgan, and as an adviser to the European Commission. He is the author or co-author of 150 research papers and two books.

On its Internet site, the IDIAP describes itself as a semiprivate research institute affiliated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, a highly respected organisation, and the University of Geneva. It carries out research in the fields of speech and speaker recognition, computer vision and machine learning.

Source...
Duke Professor thinks so too

...But who would be able to make a fake like this and still have the White House think it is real?

....and who would go to all this trouble to do such nice things for Bush? :hmm:

Well crap!...there might have to be another cover up.

Hey now that I think about it this part sounds familiar....

The commander-in-chief has been under intense pressure in recent weeks, accused of trampling on civil liberties in pursuit of terror suspects. His defence has been that America is a nation at war.

So Bin Laden's latest threats to launch new attacks on the US will only serve to underline this argument.

Must have been this...

flavio said:
Must have been this...

*Sniff, sniff...

Smells like the National Enquirer to me...

Psst...did you know that the Jews were responsible for 9/11, and the US knew the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor, so they moved the carriers out of port to protect them? :devious: :lloyd:

Gato_Solo said:
*Sniff, sniff...

Smells like the National Enquirer to me...
Oh yeah, how's that?

Psst...did you know that the Jews were responsible for 9/11, and the US knew the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor, so they moved the carriers out of port to protect them? :devious: :lloyd:
No, I didn't know that.

Psst...did you know that the Jews were responsible for 9/11, and the US knew the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor, so they moved the carriers out of port to protect them?

flavio said:
No, I didn't know that.

Why sure Flav-Oh,
Roosevelt new all along about the impending attack on Pearl Harbor.

Just like BushCo knew about 9-11 in advance.

They both just wanted an excuse to invade someone else's country,
it is the American Way after all ya know.

How's make you feel to be a citizen of such a terrible country?

How do you sleep at night???

*feelings, nothing more than feelings*

how do you feel about being upstaged
by Trou and Genn?

Perhaps they are friends of yours?

(or an alter ego?)

They certainly seem to have a similar posting style.

You know, that annoying crap of putting quote snippets
up and then making inane responses.

Winky said:
*feelings, nothing more than feelings*

how do you feel about being upstaged
by Trou and Genn?

Perhaps they are friends of yours?

(or an alter ego?)

They certainly seem to have a similar posting style.

You know, that annoying crap of putting quote snippets
up and then making inane responses.
Oh, you mean when I see if you can support anything you've said?

I haven't run across Trou or Genn so I don't feel anything about them. Maybe someone should tip them about your clueless posting style of putting up unfounded claims and comments and never backing them up.

Back