Boy scouts

Jeslek

Banned
OK this was a dream of mine, and I'm still sad that I could never have been a boy scout. But moving around the world made that an impossibility. Anyways, has anyone here been a boy scout? What rank did you make? Was it worth it? Got any stories? :) I'm very curious... its the one thing I have a lot of regrets over not being able to make it.

EDIT: Or girl scouts... I don't mean to be sexist.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I never was as a boy either, but I have been a boy scout leader for about 6 years. It's a great organization.

Gaunt

I was in boy scouts for...4 years I think. I left when most of my friends left, though some of them stuck it out.

We did a lot of stupid stuff though. One time on the bus ride to a campout one of the leaders (he was maybe 19 or so) that none of us liked fell asleep in his chair. While he was asleep we used duct tape to strap him down. When he woke up he was really angry.

Not the best story, but we did a lot of things like that, some of it more mean.

[b]

I was in Cub Scouts for a while. But my parents were lame and never had the time to take me to meetings.

Oh well. They woulda ousted me later anyway :D

unclehobart

I was a Weeblo (sp?)... whatever that first rank is outside of the junior kiddy squad. It all seemed fairly lame to me. Make tie racks... 20 different knots... basic swimming after I was already lifeguard qualified ...making birdhouses ... bold pointless speeches about duty to the community... dark blue uniforms... beads... I never understood it. I already knew how to do everything they were yammering on about... and could learn more and be more effective without the cheeseball red tape and cookie bake sales. I was more into making solar powered radios and electromagnets at that age... not making key racks.

PT

Webelo. It's rather sad these days, we can teach them how to make a fire, but not actually let them do it.

[b]

HAHA, The new boy scout motto, "Always be prepared...unless its dangerous and might get us sued."

PT

[b said:
]HAHA, The new boy scout motto, "Always be prepared...unless its dangerous and might get us sued."

Exactly, don't forget, "and unless you're gay." :D

whoreable

OMG THAT IS BRUCE M FORM THE KIDS IN THE HALL THERE IS NO WAY ANY OF THEM COULD BE GAY.

BUT SERIOUSLY I AM LIKE SOOO NOT GAY

[b]

there's no way any of them can be gay? sorry but i'm a huge fan of kids in the hall and one of them was in fact, very very gay. think about it...

whoreable

READ MORE CAREFULLY YOU MIGHT FIND THE SARCASM.

EXCEPT IN THE PART THAT I AM NOT GAY.

BUT SCOTT THOMPSON IS THE ONLY ONE I KNOW IS GAY FER SURE. THE OTHERS JUST LIKE DRESSIN UP AS GIRLS