Camelyn needs a kick in the pants - Help Please

As disconcerting as it was to read the title of the thread, I understand the sentiment, so *smooches* to Bishy :)

Here's the low-down.

I got my ticket months ago, a presale through the LP fan club. On the floor, general admission, just the way I like it. Anywho, fan club members have the opportunity, if selected, to meet the band by signing up for meet-and-greets. I figured what the hell, I never win anything....
Lo and behold in my e-mail yesterday was confirmation that I had been selected...TWO days before the show (security reasons, methinks). So I'm thinking how the hell do I get a babysitter, because the thing is at 5:30, and I'd have to leave work early too. Well, my boss said I HAVE to go, and my friends came through, so dammit, I'm going.

For the record, I'm a punk rock girl who never let go. In my teens, I listened to The Dead Kennedys, MDC, DRI, SNFU, Bad Brains, etc. I went to my first concert when I was 13, a local punk band, and never looked back. Bish is right, I am a mosh pit maniac, though I remember when it was called slam-dancing, then thrashing and then moshing.

I love Linkin Park, I saw them this summer with Limp Bizket and Metallica. POD, Hobastank and Story of the Year are also playing, all bands I dig. So yes I really, really wanted to go!

And I am, if it kills me :)

I could probably do without being the token 33 year old mom, amid all the teenage groupies at the meet and greet, but what can you do. Maybe I can teach ‘em a thing or 2 :)

Thanks Bishy et all, for my kick in the pants!

Well, The concert was amazing, the band was a great bunch of tired, but good humoured guys. None of my pics of the meet and greet turned out, because we weren't allowed to use flashes, and my disposible camera wasn't up to par. :) But I got autographs :)

I also got frisked, I got put through a metal detector, but in the end, it doesn't really matter, because I moshed my way up to the barricade, into what I lovingly refer to as the smush pit, and there I happily stayed through 4 bands. Story of the Year played well, and seemed just piss-thier-pants happy to be there. Hoobastank didn't, stink that is. POD was cool, if a bit preachy. And Linkin Park rocked the sold out house. For "Faint", they got a kid from the audience up on stage to play guitar, which he did, and did well.

Half an hour to get out of the undeground parking, and today I am bruised, sore, stiff and still recoveing from dehydration, but happy as a pig in slop :)

Backstage Pass:

lppass.gif

Autographs:

lpposter.gif

BeardofPants said:
What he said. :shrug:

Gonz, I think you've been hanging around with Squiggy too much - you're becoming reasonable. :eek: :p

I think you reversed the names... ;)

Back