Cars...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
So if you could have any ONE car (meaning if you have 5 you would have to get rid of them all) what would it be, price is of no matter, but costs of gas insurance and repairs are.

Think about practicality along with dreaming.

0_Oldsmobile_442_W30_2405.jpg

Very practical. It's got the seating capacity of a full size sedan (I can fit comfortably in the back seat of a similar car), it's very fast, it's very pretty, and it can probably tow like a monster.

paul_valaru said:
you would winter drive that peice of art?

you make baby jesus cry:nerd:

I'd rather winter drive it than not drive it at all. Tire chains and it should be no problem.

Besides, since I won't have any other cars, garage kept.

Also, I don't live in Canada. We don't get snow all that much here.

Altron said:
I'd rather winter drive it than not drive it at all. Tire chains and it should be no problem.

Besides, since I won't have any other cars, garage kept.

forget chains, I was talking about salt damage.

Well, if I'm not having to make payments on it, I can better afford the gas and insurance on this one... which offers all the performance, utility and room I could possibly need.

2005%20Dodge%20Ram%20SRT-10%20Quad%20Cab.jpg

paul_valaru said:
forget chains, I was talking about salt damage.

Well, I would just have to wash it every day. I already clean the wheel wells of the boat religiously.

ACF123.jpg

Mercedes 240 4matic

Comfy luxury ride, enough pep to pass, decent milage AWD

Kids can get in and out easy due to 4 doors.

Altron said:
I would totally smoke all of you on the track.

yep, no doubt, but I would be sitting in my comfy heated seats, listening to my great sound system, so I wouldn't care.

espacially since I would get it in GASP automatic.

paul_valaru said:
yep, no doubt, but I would be sitting in my comfy heated seats, listening to my great sound system, so I wouldn't care.

espacially since I would get it in GASP automatic.

I would have comfy seats and a good stereo too.

I dunno what transmission I would get. The THM400 is an animal, but it's got the highest HP loss and only three gears, which means I would need a higher gear, like 2.67, for highway cruising. The THM200-4R has the fourth overdrive, which gives me a lower first gear, and I could use a lower gear, like 3.23 or 4.11 for better acceleration. However, I dunno if it can handle all the power coming out of the 455. I dunno how the manual transmissions would work out, a 500hp motor would probably tear apart a clutch in no time at all, and Hurst dual gate shifters let you pick your gear with either THM automatic listed above.

Of course, right now, I've only got about a thousand bucks saved, so it won't really be an issue until I am a lot closer to buying it.

paul_valaru said:
not to sure on that, gearing and such. I wouldn't even tow in inkies choice.

The Ram SRT-10 has a towing capacity of... I don't remember if it's 7,000 or 7,500 pounds. I'd love to tow in it. "Hill? What hill? We're on a hill?" They definitely didn't make the mistake Ford made with the Lightning.

Inkara1 said:
Oh, BTW, the SRT-10 would smoke the 4-4-2 on the track. Sorry.

No. Just, no.

442 = ~3,400 lbs
SRT10 = ~ 5,600 lbs

Now, the SRT-10 engine, transmission, and rear gear are better and newer, but it takes more than that to make up for being almost twice as heavy. Not to mention, the 442 is much lower and more aerodynamic. A nice suspension and some slicks, it would smoke the SRT10.

Inkara1 said:
Ever hear of the difference between gross and net horsepower?

Doesn't matter. Only two things matter in that case.

1. Torque...how fast you get off the line.
2. Horsepower-weight ratio...how much is each pony pulling.

05240EscaLimi00024704.jpg

Must be AWD and have the towing package...

Back