Cell phone pictures

Dave

We recently upgraded her phone. She wants me to get all the pictures off the old one before we erase everything.
It is a Motorola RAZR. (the "flood the market" version)

Is there any way to get them off besides sending them one at a time?

Smashing the thing open and pulling something out isn't an option either...even though I'd like the smashing part...

ResearchMonkey

We recently upgraded her phone. She wants me to get all the pictures off the old one before we erase everything.

Smashing the thing open and pulling something out isn't an option either...even though I'd like the smashing part...
I ended up emailing all mine off my RAZR, 3 pics at a time.

chcr

Too cute for words

You don't have a usb cable for your Razr? I might have an old one lying around. There's a free program to interface your phone with your PC. PM me if you want details. I believe there's even a way to hack the SIM card but you need an adapter.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
if there is no micro sd card a place that unlocks cell phones might be able to do it for a small price.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MicroSD is the best option.

I have the (or one of the) programs to play with your Razer but the USB cable is a special one...if I recall correctly.

BeardofPants

I connect to mine via bluetooth on the mac. Just treats it like another file storage, and I can drag 'em directly off.

Inkara1

Which carrier is the RAZR on? That makes a big difference (Verizon, Sprint, etc. don't use SIM cards). If there's a microSD slot under the battery, you can get one of those and transfer everything from the phone's memory to the microSD card. Also... I know the USB port is a standard five-pin mini USB connector, so I'd wonder if you could use any standard USB cord and just download software to do it.

Dave

Its a RAZR V3r. T-Mobil is the carrier and it does have a SIM card. No microSD slot.
No bluetooth on either computer.

MrBishop

I have the same phone....I use a mini-USB cable and P2K Commander

Looks like an FTP program, but exclusivly for the Motorola phones. I use it to DL and UL pics and video between the PC and the phone, and to upload ringtones of my own making. :)

Dave

Discovered T-Mobile has an online album. Sent them all there for now. Was much easier than trying to send them one at a time to my e-mail account.

Bookmarked the P2K site for future reference. Maybe I'll clean out my phone this weekend.

Thanks everyone.

Dave

We almost lost a bunch with the dual laptop failure earlier this year. We were fortunate and were able to get them all back.