Cemeteries - such a waste of land

The weak, the handicapped, the dying, the contagious, and the dead. Thwap em on ice floes. Gone. Problem solved.

Good idea but they would freeze, no chance of decomposing so the end result would be ice floes full of frozen bodies.

I want to be cremated...After that who cares what they do with me. Dump me somewhere I liked to be guess??? Just don't put me in that cold ground to decompose though.

i dont know about where y'all live, but around here, the casket has to be sealed inside a concrete "vault". keeps all those nasty chemicals they pump into the bodies from leaching into the ground water.

Yeah such a waste of land.... we could be using all that space for golf courses! I say we just shoot the dead into the sun. Along with our nuclear waste... and every Kenny G recording...

Interesting concept, but do you really expect folks to cast aside centuries of religious belief to comply? And what about all those folks who paid good money for their plots and accompanying headstones? You're just going to knock them down without their permission? In the U.S., at least, you would face quite a battle.

I do not see cemeteries as "a waste of land"

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I live in a country that is 9,984,670 sq km, with a population of 32,670,930(est.)

:D

I do see where the problem arises in countries such as India, with 1,073,000,000 odd people living on a country that has an area of only 3,287,590 sq. km.

Just a point of interest, the country of Bangladesh has 141,340,476 people and has an area of 144,000 sq/km.

That is 982 humans per square km!!

Canada has 3.14 humans per square km.

I can't imagine that what that would be like.

K62 said:
I do not see cemeteries as "a waste of land"

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I live in a country that is 9,984,670 sq km, with a population of 32,670,930(est.)

:D

I do see where the problem arises in countries such as India, with 1,073,000,000 odd people living on a country that has an area of only 3,287,590 sq. km.
Yeah... but they are all really friggin skinny. You can slam those plots in 20 cm wide slots.

K62 said:
Just a point of interest, the country of Bangladesh has 141,340,476 people and has an area of 144,000 sq/km.

That is 982 humans per square km!!

Canada has 3.14 humans per square km.

I can't imagine that what that would be like.

Yeah but 80% of every square km in Canada is too frozen to bury people in. :D

Back