Changing the tires over

Yeah. That way you could sit around and bitch about the heat 8 months out of the year, despite the fact that you live in the middle of a fucking desert.

Professur said:
Not just that. 4 season tires .... aren't good in any season. They're "good enough". They don't match the traction of summer tires in summer. They don't have the flexibility of compound or tread for winter, and they usually don't have the optimal tread pattern for much wet driving either.

*wonders if he has 4 season tires or some season tires.

Winky said:

OK except you said someone was bitching about having to change tires...I don't change my tires, I've never had a problem on all seasons in the GTA. The only thing I "bitched" about was driving the van we used to have when the weather was bad...but the example I gave didn't have anything to do with snow! It was the wind that I hated in that thing.

Winky said:
move somewheres you can drive on the same tyres
all year round
or quit yer whining

I'd rather change my tires twice a year, thanks. It gives me the chance to inspect them closely. Not to mention that I've got a full sized spare instead of that dinky doughnut they try to pass off.

But I really miss my Subaru. Having the spare tire mounted ..... on top of the engine .... was just too cool. And it made damn sure you checked the spare's pressure regularly, as you had to see it everytime to checked the oil.

Luis G said:
*wonders if he has 4 season tires or some season tires.

I would assume you guys probably just have summer tires...you don't get any freezing correct?

We had black ice once, on higher places they get some snow in winter.

Professur said:
How boring.

Yeah really!

I grow tired of the seasons...I'm glad they change so much...in the dead heat of summer I wish for the temperatures of early fall and as I begin to realize it's not quite warm or cool enough to do anything fun I wish for winter...then when I grow tired of that I wish for spring so I don't have to wear a coat...then I wish for summer and the cycle repeats...I'd get SO BORED with one season.

Luis G said:
Probably, is there a way to know?

Well, when you bought the car it should have stated what kind of tires it has...other than that I dunno...they look different is all i can tell ya...all seasons have deep treads I believe...and a different pattern.

Luis, I'll all but guarantee you're running all seasons. It's all you can get here.

Winter tires will have a snowflake symbol inside a mountain profile on the sidewall. Do look for "M+S" on your sidewall as well. That designates an all season with a mud and snow rating.

Take a look here.

Luis G said:
Probably, is there a way to know?

Just post everything written on the sidewall. You'll have the answer in short order. In fact, just make and model will usually do it.

The Renault says 185/60R14 82H, no sign of the mountain or of the M+S. The Datsun is P205/60R13 86H M+S.

The rest of the markings is max psi, load, traction and emissions.
So perhaps the renault has summer season and the datsun all season?

Pics attached.

http://www.conti-online.com/generat...es/contiacademy/tire_ovw_101/sidewall_en.html

That's the manufacturer. Unfortunately, I can't read shit on those photos. The renault looks like it might say Sport Contact, which is one of their models (perhaps is reads that in Spanish) The other one, you cut the model name in two. Also, the M+S usually means 4 season. Not winter as some people mistake. Any tire not specifically a winter tire ...... isn't a winter tire.

This bad boy .... is a winter tire.

Back