Chess

Stop Laughing

I loved playing a game of double chess, where basically it was 2 on 2, when you took a piece, you could give it to your partner and for a move they could put it anywhere on the board that was open, and vice versa. Lots of fun, but you gotta be fast, you don't wanna be checkmated by a pawn getting put right in a position to attack your king while the pawn's protected. :D

MrBishop

I've seen one which was played on a big + . four players...all pieces move the same 'cept now...pawns can make 90deg. turns. Free for all game..last one on wins...person gets eliminated...all his pieces removed...

Which opens up checks sometimes.

pc_builder

I want to play that chess game they play on star trek, with the three levels.

I saw one for sale once in real life, complete with instructions on how to play.

BeardofPants

Let's put it this way.... there's no way that I'd play chess if you wanted an opportunity to win your pants back. That's how much I suck. Although, I did once win a game in 7 moves in what must have been the biggest fluke ever. :eek:

MrBishop

BeardofPants said:
Let's put it this way.... there's no way that I'd play chess if you wanted an opportunity to win your pants back. That's how much I suck. Although, I did once win a game in 7 moves in what must have been the biggest fluke ever. :eek:
Nice when that happens, eh?

Stop Laughing

Fools mate, from memory:

White: KBP-KBP3
Black: KP-KP5
White: KNP-KNP4
Black: Q-KR5

I'm pretty sure that's right, I had to really picture this in my head, and it's pretty cramped in there... :D

MrBishop

Stop Laughing said:
Fools mate, from memory:

White: KBP-KBP3
Black: KP-KP5
White: KNP-KNP4
Black: Q-KR5

I'm pretty sure that's right, I had to really picture this in my head, and it's pretty cramped in there... :D
Somehting like that...I nearly peed myself the first time that I executed it...vs someone at least twice my age. :D

MrBishop

Just got this via email. New club opening up. Chess via email. Looking for people to help them set it up.

Dear Chessplayer, you may be interested to know that a new
chess-by-email
club is being formed. The process is starting with a
brainstorming/consultation phase and forums have been set up on our
website
to enable these discussions. It will probably take 6-10 weeks of
discussion
and preparation before the club goes 'live' and rated games can be
played,
but you may be interested in helping to shape what this club will
become and
your participation in the process would be very welcome. To find out
more
please visit our website at...

http://www.emailchess.co.uk
Just in case someone was interested.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
WOW :eek: now thats a name i havent seen in ages.....

:wave:

and i want to learn, but im with pc the trilevel would be cool.

freako104

I enjoy a game of chess myself. I always did wonder if the Bish was a reference to being catholic or something myself

MrBishop

freako104 said:
I enjoy a game of chess myself. I always did wonder if the Bish was a reference to being catholic or something myself

My nick refers to chess...and my favorite piece on the board. I've been using it for years on chess-sites. When I started working for the church...and the Archbishop's office at that, it became more than a nick, but an inside joke too :)

montezuma

Inkara1 said:
Is it really you? :eek:

No, it's not me, it's somebody else. :confused: :dizzy:

But this is indeed Monty the Wetling-defeater. I never thought that game of chess with Wetling would still be remembered after two years. BTW, Stop Laughing: Huge was indeed involved in that game, but not as a player: he posted diagrams every few moves.

But anyway, I haven't been too active for some years. I did check up on jjr's board every now and then, but it seems to be ad patres for quite some time now. So recently I decided to try and find out what happened. Some googling eventually brought me to this place, where several of the old time regulars seem to have landed. Perhaps somebody can fill me in on what happened? <edit> I think I know now. As I see it: migration from jjr to OTC because of financial trouble, eventually leading to jjr closure. Correct me if I'm wrong </edit>

And of course hi to everybody here that doesn't know me. And to everybody that does. :wave2: