Chess

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
montezuma said:
Hi Nixy! What happened to that cute little doggie you used to have for a sig?

Ah, he's living over at Xibase...not so many people to step on his little tail over there :)

MrBishop

montezuma said:
Perhaps somebody can fill me in on what happened? <edit> I think I know now. As I see it: migration from jjr to OTC because of financial trouble, eventually leading to jjr closure. Correct me if I'm wrong </edit>

And of course hi to everybody here that doesn't know me. And to everybody that does. :wave2:

It was a bit more than just a financial thing..but kind of an attitude thing, from what I understand. This place and Xibase got most members...OTC got the most after a while.

BTW...heyas, and welcome back :)

Inkara1

montezuma said:
<edit> I think I know now. As I see it: migration from jjr to OTC because of financial trouble, eventually leading to jjr closure. Correct me if I'm wrong </edit>
They money isn't why people migrated to here and a few other sites. But it's true that it got shut down because he ran out of people to pay for the site for him.

montezuma

Think I get the feeling. I found some threads here referring to that time, one of which.... well, let's say it left something te be desired in the choosing of words. Think I can imagine what happened, more or less, combining that with the info from Bishop and Inkara.

Well, OK, think I'll check in here then, every now and then.

Stop Laughing

Holy cow, hey monty! :) Yeah, I did remember afterwards that Huge posted those diagrams, I had to seek that thread out since the game took place before I was at JJR's, but I read that entire thread being a bit of a chess fan.

Inkara1

Inkara1 said:
I'd like to see you incorporate chess into your lunch. Don't forget the Grey Pou-pawn mustard. :D
Ever go back and look at some of your own posts, and crack up at one of your own jokes you'd forgotten about?

Huge

If anyone's up for a game, I'm in. I used to be better than I am now; got tired of Fritz wiping my ass all the time...

MrBishop

Huge said:
If anyone's up for a game, I'm in. I used to be better than I am now; got tired of Fritz wiping my ass all the time...
PM me an email addy..I'll 'invite' you to a game at itsyourturn.com :D