CIA runs secret terrorism prisons abroad: report

c'mon chic, GW has forced all staff members with Top Secret clearance to go to an ethics class. you don't think the Senate is as consciencious?

:snicker:

Gonz said:
c'mon chic, GW has forced all staff members with Top Secret clearance to go to an ethics class. you don't think the Senate is as consciencious?

:snicker:

Stop it! I'm at work, I could get in trouble for giggling uncontrollably. :lol2:

chcr said:
Nah, there are no flying saucers. :D

:rofl:
Bullshit. They've got a saucer in the mountain and ya'll know it. :nerd:
If they can just figure out the time-folding thing.... :confused:

Gato_Solo said:
Better read your own quote again. It's still at the level of "he said she said".
Trent Lott would have been one of the Republican Senators in the closed door meeting with Cheney and been privy to exactly what was said and would have known the article contained exactly that.The only thing not stated is which reporter he told ,what more do you want.

A.B.Normal said:
Trent Lott would have been one of the Republican Senators in the closed door meeting with Cheney and been privy to exactly what was said and would have known the article contained exactly that.The only thing not stated is which reporter he told ,what more do you want.

Since you can't understand what I'm driving at...WHO TOLD HIM?. Thank you verra much.

Gato_Solo said:
Since you can't understand what I'm driving at...WHO TOLD HIM?. Thank you verra much.

By him are you meaning Lott or Cheney
Lott told reporters the information in the Post story was the same as that given to Republican senators in a closed-door briefing by Vice President Dick Cheney last week.

Cheney told Senator Lott who told the Reporter ,now as for whom told Cheney I don't know,but this far up the chain who told whom is moot..

A.B.Normal said:
Cheyney told Senator Lott who told the Reporter ,now as for whom told Cheney I don't know,but this far up the chain who told whom is moot..

Okay...AFAIK, Lott didn't tell the reporter...somebody else did. Now Lott says he heard it from Cheyney, who heard it from "X". By saying that no proof is needed because it came from Cheyney, you do yourself a great disservice. They way you talk most times, Cheyney and Bush are wrong, anyway, so how do you know this is more than the 'rumors' of WMD's that started the Gulf War?

Gato_Solo said:
Okay...AFAIK, Lott didn't tell the reporter...somebody else did. Now Lott says he heard it from Cheyney, who heard it from "X". By saying that no proof is needed because it came from Cheyney, you do yourself a great disservice. They way you talk most times, Cheyney and Bush are wrong, anyway, so how do you know this is more than the 'rumors' of WMD's that started the Gulf War?
Where are you getting Lott didn't tell reporters?

A.B.Normal said:
Where are you getting Lott didn't tell reporters?

Lott told reporters the information in the Post story was the same as that given to Republican senators in a closed-door briefing by Vice President Dick Cheney last week.

All he did was confirm what somebody else said.

Okay I think I got where your coming from,Lott wasn't the Source for the "original " story,I'm not debating that .

I'm saying he confirmed the existence of the Interrogation centers by admitting the info in the article was the same as what was told to him by Cheney ,contary to your statement about there existence.

Originally Posted by Gato_Solo
I don't think those places exist. Hell...all that article is, is innuendo and supposition. Not one hard fact in the whole thing. Even if it's true, there's no story because everybody is denying it. The Washington Post has now become the National Enquirer...

Everybody except Lott :winkkiss:

A.B.Normal said:
Okay I think I got where your coming from,Lott wasn't the Source for the "original " story,I'm not debating that.

Then why do you keep quoting Lott?

A.B. said:
I'm saying he confirmed the existence of the Interrogation centers by admitting the info in the article was the same as what was told to him by Cheney ,contary to your statement about there existence.

Gato_Solo said:
I don't think those places exist. Hell...all that article is, is innuendo and supposition. Not one hard fact in the whole thing. Even if it's true, there's no story because everybody is denying it. The Washington Post has now become the National Enquirer...

Everybody except Lott :winkkiss:

So even though I changed that opinion from the original post, you wish to bring up a conceded point. :rolleyes:

Now...back on track...

I am now questioning where the information came from...considering this is the same group which you disbelieved about WMD's that is now your bible when it comes to these prisons...

Gato_Solo said:
Then why do you keep quoting Lott?

So even though I changed that opinion from the original post, you wish to bring up a conceded point. :rolleyes:

Now...back on track...

Because Your post 15 was still arguing there existence IMO

I am now questioning where the information came from...considering this is the same group which you disbelieved about WMD's that is now your bible when it comes to these prisons...

But unlike WMD these are US run Bases,I would think Cheney would have direct access to FACTS this time around and if he still depending on foreign sorces for Intelligence about US activities you've got alot bigger probs down there then I thought.,

A.B.Normal said:
Because Your post 15 was still arguing there existence IMO

Gato_Solo said:
So who was the source? Until a name comes out that will say they know, then it's all innuendo and rumor.

You mean that quote...still before the Lott quote, mind you.

A.B. said:
But unlike WMD these are US run Bases,I would think Cheney would have direct access to FACTS this time around and if he still depending on foreign sorces for Intelligence about US activities you've got alot bigger probs down there then I thought.,

The CIA had facts about the WMD's as well...It wasn't just foreign sources. As for that last attempt at sarcasm, it went over like a lead balloon. Intelligence is never 100%...there is always room for error.

Gato_Solo said:
You mean that quote...still before the Lott quote, mind you.

My first post in this thread had the Lott quote.

The CIA had facts about the WMD's as well...It wasn't just foreign sources. As for that last attempt at sarcasm, it went over like a lead balloon. Intelligence is never 100%...there is always room for error.

Its not intelligence if they are YOUR bases it better be fact..

A.B.Normal said:
My first post in this thread had the Lott quote.

You mean this quote?
Gato_Solo said:
]
Until a name comes out that will say they know, then it's all innuendo and rumor.

A.B. said:
Its not intelligence if they are YOUR bases it better be fact..

Believe that if you want to, but if those bases exist on foreign soil, guess what? They aren't your bases. ;)

Gato_Solo said:
Believe that if you want to, but if those bases exist on foreign soil, guess what? They aren't your bases. ;)

The CIA has been holding and interrogating al Qaeda captives at a secret facility in Eastern Europe,

Thats "THE CIA" not just any old CIA "THE CIA" ,that means the Vice President would know the facts about their activity or at least should and since he was briefing "ONLY" Republican Senators I'd say its pretty sensitive and reliable.

A.B.Normal said:
Thats "THE CIA" not just any old CIA "THE CIA" ,that means the Vice President would know the facts about their activity or at least should and since he was briefing "ONLY" Republican Senators I'd say its pretty sensitive and reliable.

I'd say it was :bs: because it was only Republican senators that were briefed. These conspiracy theories of yours are starting to verge on paranoia.

A.B.Normal said:
George I used to be the director of the CIA. Some conspiracy theories may not be "theories."

Back