Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No - Man is bad and it would be abused

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No - It violates human rights in one way or another

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Do you think cloning is morally bankrupt? Should it be allowed? Does it violate human rights in any way? Would it be used properly?

I'd vote Yes, but only if there are laws specifying the rights of the "cloned" people.

Luis G said:
I'd vote Yes, but only if there are laws specifying the rights of the "cloned" people.
We already have those laws in the US. Collectively, they're called "The Constitution of the United States of America."

I'm still unsure. Outside of the moral/ethical viewpoint I don't see a problem. Within that frame work, honestly, I don't see a problem but I do get a "feeling" it's wrong somehow. I just haven't run across a convincing argument against it, yet I know it's out there.

I don't think that there's a constitution that specifies wether a cloned person is a citizen or not. It isn't needed by now.

Are cloned people not "born?" Isn't a cloned human still a human? Aren't all humans born in the United States US Citizens by default?

I don't see how anyone could ever legally make an argument otherwise. To deny that status would be to deny that they are human, which any scientist and 90% of the population would shoot down in an instant (10% are probably too stupid to find the US on a world map, so what can you say?).

outside looking in said:
Isn't a cloned human still a human?

That is the question that needs answering. Since it's not been propagated, is it?

Basically, its the same process used by many couples now when they have trouble conceiving. The egg is fertilized outside the body and then implanted in the uterus...

There is no sperm involved. It's electrical processes to stimulate cell division & once it's hit a critical point, it's then transferred to a human egg & implanted.

Is a perfect copy of Rembrandt an original?

If its perfect, how could you tell the difference? :D

I was replying to the born/not born aspect of cloning. They are 'born'. I think it is enormously important research which holds great promise of wonderful things. But as with most things, you have to ask, what evil usecould this be put to? Because sooner or later, it will happen.

Gonz said:
outside looking in said:
Isn't a cloned human still a human?

That is the question that needs answering. Since it's not been propagated, is it?

why wouldn't it be human? thing is, the genes are the same, but the person is different. people are a product of their genes and the environment they grow up in.
if the first one is identical, but the second is different, the outcome is different as well....

Squiggy said:
If its perfect, how could you tell the difference? :D

I was replying to the born/not born aspect of cloning. They are 'born'. I think it is enormously important research which holds great promise of wonderful things. But as with most things, you have to ask, what evil usecould this be put to? Because sooner or later, it will happen.

one of the things that worries me is that mankind would be able to solve all the human defects....it would cause all people to be healthy. strange thought? at first sight, yes. but when you think about it a bit more...how would a world be where all people born live a full life?
there are already 6 billion+ people around, huge starvation would most likely follow, for example.

Nature would find a way to limit our population. Thats a certainty. Thats the nature of nature...

Yea, the overpopulation and depletion of resources would be so high it will be a major problem, unless they switch to a system like china and india, then we'll be a world ended cause all men had to screw was other men by the end.:D

Back