Coincidence?

highwayman

Not sure were to put this so here is were it went..

(CBS) MANCHESTER, N.H. Paul Porter was born on June 6. He was always good with numbers. He just didn't realize how good.

"A couple of weeks ago, I happened to think about the irony of 6-6-06. And I'll be 66 and I'm 6 feet, 6 inches."

Porter is not superstitious but his friends can't help playing up the notorius number associated with the devil, reports WBZ-TV's Pauline Chiou.

"The exit up Route 93 from Boston, if I'm coming home is exit 6. So we have a lot of coincidences."

Potter is well known at Manchester City Hall. He was the tax assessor and an alderman at one point.

What ward did he represent? Ward 6.

Standing tall at 6-feet, 6-inches, he dismisses all the Doomsday theories.

"I don't believe the world is going to end because I have 12 years left on my mortgage," he said. "I don't think the bank would allow it."

An Army veteran, Porter has his birthday on his Veterans license plate. It is a reminder of one of the most important days in American history: the allied invasion of Normandy in World War II.

"I often think of the significance of D-Day more than anything else."

But this year, he's just having fun with the numbers.

By the way, did we tell you he has six grandchildren?

chcr said:

yeah, because we both know the answer lies with

ronald - 6 letters
wilson - 6 letters
reagan - 6 letters

or heavy metal music

or

perhaps

a conspiracy of the two

I don't get the sudden fascination with six. On it's own six means nothing...it's only when it's 666 that it means anything. "Exit 6" is INSIGNIFICANT! So is being 6'6", that's only two sixes!!!!

When I turned 13 it was Friday the 13th and I lived at #13 on my street. If anything THAT is creepier than all sorts of random sixes. Nothing bad happened that day.

Nixy said:
I don't get the sudden fascination with six. On it's own six means nothing...it's only when it's 666 that it means anything. "Exit 6" is INSIGNIFICANT! So is being 6'6", that's only two sixes!!!!

When I turned 13 it was Friday the 13th and I lived at #13 on my street. If anything THAT is creepier than all sorts of random sixes. Nothing bad happened that day.
Actually, there's some evidence that it's been translated wrong all these years and it's really 616.

The word is superstition.

SouthernN'Proud said:
My sister was born on 7/7, weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces, and was born at 7:07. I don't think she's all that lucky.

I used to carry a rabbit's foot. Note the words "used to". If they're so lucky, what happened to the rabbit?

Keep up the rhythm for a few days and you forget to sleep
..or is that, you've forgotten that you've slept? :hmm:

Does passing out count as 'going to sleep'?

Hmmmmm.

Gato_Solo said:
What about sleep, Bish?...:nerd:

You can't drink one beer per hour, more like 2 for a slow drinker, and that leaves us 12 hours of sleep ;)

Luis G said:
You can't drink one beer per hour, more like 2 for a slow drinker, and that leaves us 12 hours of sleep ;)

Actually some people I went to school with used to do a challenge...24 beer in 12 hours...VERY VERY few could do it. The first few hours are fine but keeping up the pace is apparently difficult.

chcr said:
Actually, there's some evidence that it's been translated wrong all these years and it's really 616.

The word is superstition.

Superstition but thinking someone is evil because they have a lot of sixes associated with them is stretching the apparent evilness to apply to things that it's not meant too. They need to be together like 666 or it's just stupidity.

Nixy said:
Actually some people I went to school with used to do a challenge...24 beer in 12 hours...VERY VERY few could do it. The first few hours are fine but keeping up the pace is apparently difficult.

I think I did it once in about 5 hours. :eek5:

Not that I'm capable of ever doing that again.

Back