collectors?

Been collecting coins for a long time. More recently, I inherited a shit load of old family pics. One of the "postcard" pics still has the one cent stamp on it postmarked March 3, 1911 6PM. Don't really collect these, but I have a few Avon miniature mugs and a twin pair of Royal Daulton vases my Granny passed down to me.

Gonz said:
Value....probably none- I play with my toys :D

Star Trek Micro Machines
like these
I got some of them in the basement somewhere if i remember correctly they are from the Innerspace series (the ships with the figurines with them) also some box set i got a few years ago

51_1.JPG

I tend to try and collect myself as I drive through Boston with all the pedestrians... so ANGRY... anyway, on a valuable note, I collect baseball cards, most notably, Barry Bonds, Mark McGgwire (sp?) and Roger Clemens Rookie cards...

unclehobart said:
Its all in hard storage right now. I'll need some time.
How much easier does having the pallets make storing them? I'd venture to guess it's well worth the $15 charge at Home Depot for them.

Inkara1 said:
How much easier does having the pallets make storing them? I'd venture to guess it's well worth the $15 charge at Home Depot for them.
Its not palletized... just tucked away in tight boxes in the deepest dungeon of my house. The tricky part is that I never marked the outside of the boxes for quick reference. Its trying to find the right box out of the 20 that will be a pain.

Well, lemme see, I've also collect cd's, videos, dvds, books, still got my stamp collections from years ago, old bank notes from around the world, boring ain't I....

Oh yeah, free programs, pirate programs, serial numbers for programs... maybe I shouldn't mention any more... ;)

Around here we've got the 1985 Topps Mark McGwire Rookie Card when he was on the '84 US Olympic team and is worth around $180 now. My brother found it in a set of junk cards someone just gave him for nothing a couple of years ago. :cool:

KMI3652b101_92.jpg

I've collected a number of books over the years, the prize of the bunch is a "Huckleberry Fin" 1st edition in great shape. Its in the book collection we have up our cabin.

Books. I collect 'em, my wofe collects 'em, together we've got more books than we'd ever need. None of them are really valuable, we collect to read. She's been slowly culling them out and donating them to the library, but it's painful.

Coins, I've been sort of collecting since I was a kid. My wife's grandfather had a few nice ones as well. Got a few worth enough to be in the safe deposit box.

Used to collect comics...not anymore..too expensive. My most expensive would be Xmen #10.

Collected sports cards, Magic (the gathering) cards, and Star Wars cards (complete set...all three).

I still try to get my hands on old books...my oldest and most prized is a 2nd printing of Moby Dick (all leather and such - 1890), and two books by Jane Goodall...signed :D

unclehobart said:
Ash,
May 1985 ... A very good issue. It was the first one I ever bought.

thank you a lot, unc! that was the month and year my bf was born, and his, like, whole family reads playboy i believe he once told me, and there's always a few issues chillin out in the magazine rack, so i thought he might get a kick out of seeing that. :swing:

Back