Comfort Eating

lol @ squiggy :D

well, i always have lots of chewing gum, but that's not technically eating...

i have a weak spot for grapes as well, melons..no candy or anything, weird enough.

I don't know savory biscuits, but they are sometimes called Baking Powder Biscuits, about 2" round 1' tall, fluffy biscuits.

PuterTutor said:
I don't know savory biscuits, but they are sometimes called Baking Powder Biscuits, about 2" round 1' tall, fluffy biscuits.

Sounds more like a scone than a biscuit - or a cobbler.

Flour, margerine or butter, baking powder and a little milk or water to mix.

Squiggy said:
:D Yep. Thats them...Smothered in sausage and gravey:wink2:

Yum, you're making me hungary. :licklips: Think I'll make some for dinner tomorrow or sunday - just need to get some baking powder when I go shopping in the morning. :)

Beef Cobbler ~ a rich beef stew with tender chunks of beef in a think gravey, with onions, carrots, swede/turnip and a scone/biscuit topping. Turns a lovely golden brown on top with an egg glaze. You put the biscuit topping on for about the last half hour of cooking. :licklips:

Turkey, chicken or lamb work well too. :)

Oh yeah, real yorkshire pudding with gravy - my sister made the the best pudding in town mine just isn't as good. :(

You have to use lard and get it piping hot before putting the batter in. Modern ready made puds just don't compare. And Toad-in-the-hole with an onion gravy - Ahhhhhh.... heaven!

No need to wonder how I got overweight - my mum is a brilliant cook and taught both my sister and I from a very early age. She can do the most incredible things with a few simple ingredients, and her cakes are to die for but she doesn't cook much these days. :(

I love cooking for other people, but likewise haven't really cooked for a while, it's not the same when it's just me, but this week my nieces came round for dinner and I got to make my special bolognaise sauce which they loved.... hopefully it will now become a regular occurance. :)

Thats why I started that ccoking thread. I fear the days ahead becoming tasteless. I'm sure glad I have some cooking abilities, limited as they are....Microwaves are for snacks. NOT DINNER!...:D

Normally during the week I snack then and saturday we eat out, but I do cook on sundays usually unless Katie's away. She eats dinner at school during the week, which is all homemade by the school cooks so I know she eats well.

Back