Coming out of the closet

IDLEchild

Hate the movie, Hate Christmas, hate the fuckers invloved with it.

"No George goddamnit, it isn't a wonderful life, it really fucking isn't"

Thulsa Doom

MERRY CHRISTMAS LAMP POST!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS OLD SAVINGS AND LOAN!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS BIG LEFT TOE!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS SPACE ALIENS!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CANT SEE THEM!!

Hey well I dont have a problem with the movie. It makes good 1am Dec 24/25 in bed drifting off after 10 egg nogs viewing. You guys really shouldnt be looking for academy award material there. cut it some slack. But by far my favorite christmas movie is the old old christmas carol. i watch that even later at night all tucked up in bed before the 25th. what a great feeling.....

freako104

the only reason i want to see that movie is it happened not too far from where i grew up(its supposd to be based on a true story).

AnomalousEntity

I like them all.

for those of you who have not ever seen Its a wonderful life just think of it as somthing similiar as the Nicholas Cage movie "The family man"

Only one version was "What if I had married my college girlfriend" and the other was "I think everyone would be better off If I had never been born"

You can pretty much fill in the story lines from there...its not to hard to guess how it might go.

Really similiar to A christmas Carol..only with Scrooge it was the Ghose of Christmas future (seeing how the future might turn out) that really scared the hell out of him (If I remember correctly he wasnt all that fond of past and present either....but future....thats the one that got him).

So to recap:

what if I had married
What if I hadnt been born
This is your sucky past and present...lets see what your future looks like.

All variations of a similiar theme and I liked them all.

Wonder what else they could do with that?

"How my life might be different if I hadnt picked up that Knife...The OJ simpson story"???????????????

:lol2:

AnomalousEntity

The exorcist

freako104 said:
the only reason i want to see that movie is it happened not too far from where i grew up(its supposd to be based on a true story).

Cool I always just figured the girl in that movie was just a "troubled teen".

Well if it had been a true story they would have said somthing like "No she isnt possessed by a demon...she is just misunderstood"

Got to love Political correctness.

freako104

its supposed to be based on a true story. but its religious based so i guess stuff like demon possesion comes into play plus she was into new age and the occult :rolleyes: that is apparently evil. im sure it was a nervous breakdown or something. i remember seeing some documentary on it a few years back when I worked in a video store. ill check into it since im going home for Thanksgiving and i will then give you the title of the "documentary" if you are intrested.

freako104

the movie did and so did the book. but they changed places and names. the actual story I THINK was silver spring(a suburb of DC close to rockville and rockville is my hometown). i am not sure i will look into it and see if i got teh city right but i think thats where it was. when the book and movie were made they made it in DC(georgetown is a great part of DC i lvoe it there)

Thulsa Doom

freako104 said:
the movie did and so did the book. but they changed places and names. the actual story I THINK was silver spring(a suburb of DC close to rockville and rockville is my hometown). i am not sure i will look into it and see if i got teh city right but i think thats where it was. when the book and movie were made they made it in DC(georgetown is a great part of DC i lvoe it there)

yeah I grew up in Bethesda and I work in DC right now. When I was a teenager I can remember going into Georgetown and climbing those steep stairs you see at the end of the movie where the priest breaks his neck.

freako104

Thulsa Doom said:
yeah I grew up in Bethesda and I work in DC right now. When I was a teenager I can remember going into Georgetown and climbing those steep stairs you see at the end of the movie where the priest breaks his neck.

i think i saw the building but didnt go to it. if im in Georgetown i go to the shops. esp Smash

Thulsa Doom

freako104 said:
i think i saw the building but didnt go to it. if im in Georgetown i go to the shops. esp Smash

the stairs are on the far end of Georgetown way up M street near an Exxon gas station and accross from the key bridge kinda. if you walk up em you can get to Georgetown U. GO HOYAS!

If Im in Georgetown Im usually spending way too much money in a restaurant or eating oysters in a raw bar or drinking too much at The Saloon.

tonksy

Thulsa Doom said:
i got drunk on those steps on a regular basis....twisted, huh?

Thulsa Doom

tonks said:
northern virginia.....but we'd venture into the city seeking amusement.

oh yeah. after the zoo bar, Georgetown was THE hang out for us loser teens who wanted to find a place we could drink and act like we had any idea what we were doing. all the snotty private school kids hung out in georgetown and got in fights with the resident punks. now the punks ARE the snotty private school kids.