Coming out of the closet

Thulsa Doom

tonks said:
so...uh, could you be found at tracks on any given thursday?

*laugh* yeah i made it there once or twice actually now that you mention it. the big hang out in Georgetown though was the Charring Cross. But if you were REALLY cool you went to the Grog & Tankard.

freako104

Thulsa Doom said:
the stairs are on the far end of Georgetown way up M street near an Exxon gas station and accross from the key bridge kinda. if you walk up em you can get to Georgetown U. GO HOYAS!

If Im in Georgetown Im usually spending way too much money in a restaurant or eating oysters in a raw bar or drinking too much at The Saloon.

good to know if i cna get back into DC since the rents moved to frederick after i graduated HS but i went back a few times. ill try to go back and ill check it out thanks

tonksy

Thulsa Doom said:
*laugh* yeah i made it there once or twice actually now that you mention it. the big hang out in Georgetown though was the Charring Cross. But if you were REALLY cool you went to the Grog & Tankard.

you know, at first i didn't remember the grog and tankard....but now it seems like i just never went...i worked nights at a pizza hut back then...took off thursdays...and tuesday, i think...anyway, i remember my friends going...jobless bastards....charring cross? never heard of it. wasn't there a roxy? (isn't there always a roxy?)...safari club...sticky floors...sticky everything actually, 9:30....i forget a bunch...

Thulsa Doom

tonks said:
you know, at first i didn't remember the grog and tankard....but now it seems like i just never went

It was way up Wisconsin at the top of Georgetown (not too far from the cathedral). Back in my day it was known as the place where the dead head grungy stoner rockers went to see live music and grab a brew. now its like mostly metal. :shrug:

wasn't there a roxy? (isn't there always a roxy?)

yeah but i dont remember ever going there. I dont think it was in Georgetown though. I think it was downtown.

freako104 said:
the 9:30 as far as i know isnt in Georgetown anymore

Yeah they moved it like 3 years ago (although it never was in Georgetown it was like on F street downtown). Now its like way over near Howard U. Hospital. Quite a hike but its bigger and they get better acts there now. Just saw Buddy Guy there a few months ago.

he he I see this has become the DC nightlife thread now :D