Congressman Foley resigns in the face of pedophile claims

spike

What did John Boehner know and when did he know it? The House majority leader is apparently having a tough time with his memory. In less than a week, he's trotted out three different versions of his conversations with House Speaker Dennis Hastert about the Mark Foley sex scandal. On Friday, The Washington Post quoted Boehner saying he first learned of some "contact" between Foley and a 16-year-old page last spring. He said he informed Hastert, who assured him "we're taking care of it." But after Hastert's office strongly denied he had been informed, Boehner's office scrambled to retreat and insisted the Post had misquoted him. "He can't say with any certainty whether he spoke to anybody else [about the Foley matter]," Boehner's spokesman, Kevin Madden, told NEWSWEEK on Saturday morning.

http://www.talk.newsweek.com/politics/

spike

Yeah, he added a link.
wink.gif

Sharky

What is it with Florida and perverts? I swear, we have way more than our share of those bastids down here. :erm:

Cerise

If I really care tommorow (later today technically) I'll see what I can find on this tidbit...

since Foley is a homo with a Republican voting record, some homosexual group with connections is being associated with the timing of this release. They were pissed he was a turncoat.

Didn't the CIA & FBI used to look for this kind of shit BECASUE of this kind of shit?

:) See post #28 on page 1

I believe it, and look at this whole situation differently because of it.

Don't get me wrong; Foley is still a creep, but somebody with an agenda also knew that.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Which begs the question: If Foley knew he was 18, why'd he quit?

Foley may not have known & since it was reported by a Big 3 network, he assumed his guilt & not being a Demoncrat, he took the high road (albeit from a low point) & resigned in disgrace. Had he been a (D), he'd have made a speech in Congress & gotten standing ovations.

ABC ONLINE GLITCH LEADS TO IDENTITY OF FOLEY ACCUSER

FAMOUS IM EXCHANGE WAS WITH 18 YEAR OLD

Wed Oct 04 2006 20:32:06 ET

A posting on ABCNEWS.COM of an unredacted instant message sessions between Rep. Mark Foley and a former congressional page has exposed the identity of the now 21 year-old accuser.

The website PASSIONATE AMERICA detailed the startling exposure late Wednesday.

ABCNEWS said in a statement: "We go to great lengths to prevent the names of alleged sex crime victims from being revealed. On Friday there was a very brief technical glitch on our site which was overridden immediately."

But the PASSIONATE AMERICA webmaster tells the OKLAHOMAN that "he stumbled onto the former page's AOL screen name when looking at transcripts of the instant messages on ABC's Web site Saturday. He said he typed a slightly-different Web address into his browser and found a version of the transcript with the screen name. He claims the AOL name of the young man was still on ABCNEWS.COM before he posted his story on Wednesday.

The AOL name of the young man was kept unredacted and housed on ABCNEWS.COM servers for 5 days! The information could be publicly accessed.

SEX CHAT WAS WITH 18 YEAR OLD

On Tuesday ABC news released a high-impact instant message exchange between Foley and, as ABC explained, a young man "under the age of 18."

ABC headlined the story: "New Foley Instant Messages; Had Internet Sex While Awaiting House Vote"

But upon reviewing the records, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, the young man was in fact over the age of 18 at the time of the exchange.

A network source explains, messages with the young man and disgraced former Congressman Foley took place before and after the 18th birthday.

Developing...