Congressman Foley resigns in the face of pedophile claims

chcr

Too cute for words
Is it possible the liberal media sat on this story until it came close to election time?

Is it possible that there is a Democrat party double standard when it comes to party affiliation and being a child predator?

Is it possible the RNC tried to cover it up until after election time? Is it possible the Republicans have a double standard when it comes to party affiliation and being a child predator?

In the interest of even-handedness. I realize of course that it's all the fault of the left. Clinton's prolly in there somewhere too. ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Is it possible the RNC tried to cover it up until after election time? Is it possible the Republicans have a double standard when it comes to party affiliation and being a child predator?

Any person holding the IM information (it seems the e-mails were just simply inappropriate trash) & not making it public should hang. Media, Left or Right Congress, the Postmaster, whoever...this guy had a thing for young guys (notice nobody has mentioned the H word yet) & withholding that information put children at risk. A 16 year old is not pedophilia material but they are certainly still a child, especially to a 54 year old adult.

Releasing it after the primaries is suspicious, to say the keast. Releasing it a year late is criminal.

Before this gets too out of hand just remember: Barney Frank. Mel Reynolds. Gerry Studds. William Jefferson Clinton.

spike

Any person holding the IM information (it seems the e-mails were just simply inappropriate trash) & not making it public should hang.

You're right I saw an interview with Gingrich saying republicans had known about him for some time.

House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) was notified early this year of inappropriate e-mails from former representative Mark Foley (R-Fla.) to a 16-year-old page, a top GOP House member said yesterday -- contradicting the speaker's assertions that he learned of concerns about Foley only last week.

House Majority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) told The Washington Post on Friday that he had learned in late spring of inappropriate e-mails Foley sent to the page, a boy from Louisiana, and that he promptly told Hastert, who appeared to know already of the concerns. Hours later, Boehner contacted The Post to say he could not be sure he had spoken with Hastert.

Boehner and Reynolds said their offices learned of the Foley e-mails months ago from Rep. Rodney Alexander (R), who sponsored the page from his northeastern-Louisiana district.

"Rodney Alexander brought to my attention the existence of the e-mails between Mark Foley and a former page of Mr. Alexander's," Reynolds said yesterday. "Despite the fact that I had not seen the e-mails in question, and Mr. Alexander told me that the parents didn't want the matter pursued, I told the speaker of the conversation Mr. Alexander had with me."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/30/AR2006093001265.html

Hang 'em all.

chcr

Too cute for words
Any person holding the IM information (it seems the e-mails were just simply inappropriate trash) & not making it public should hang. Media, Left or Right Congress, the Postmaster, whoever...this guy had a thing for young guys (notice nobody has mentioned the H word yet) & withholding that information put children at risk. A 16 year old is not pedophilia material but they are certainly still a child, especially to a 54 year old adult.

Releasing it after the primaries is suspicious, to say the keast. Releasing it a year late is criminal.

Before this gets too out of hand just remember: Barney Frank. Mel Reynolds. Gerry Studds. William Jefferson Clinton.

Golly, Clinton was in there after all. Quelle surprise. :rolleyes:

Cerise

Could it be further possible that Foley was purposely set up and outed because he pissed off certain people by voting against bills about gay issues?

http://www.proudofwhoweare.org/

Led by activist and long-time leader in the gay community, Michael Rogers, Proud of Who We Are is a network of individuals who are no longer willing to have politicians and political operatives turn gay people into punching bags just to gain or stay in office – especially when those politicians are secretly gay themselves. We are dedicated to holding government officials accountable for hiding the truth about themselves from the American people.

Our mission is simple: we are calling on closeted politicians who are taking anti-gay positions and voting anti-gay to stop their hypocrisy, and be honest about and proud of who they are. There is no reason that elected officials who are gay can’t serve proudly and with distinction in government, as Reps. Steve Gunderson, Jim Kolbe, Gerry Studds, and Barney Frank have done.

Here's what Michael Rogers posted on his Blog (Check out the comments section at the bottom......):

http://www.blogactive.com/2006/10/good-news-bad-news.html

October 1, 2006--Well the good news is that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is finally getting it. I called their Director of Communications, Bill Burton, before the Foley story broke to let him know about Foley (and another case) were coming down the pike.

Here's what Rogers posted back in March:

http://www.blogactive.com/2005/03/i-have-seen-enemy.html

I have seen the enemy...
This is United States Congressman Mark Foley
He voted this week for a law to allow hate groups to fire gay and lesbian people at will
The law he is supporting will overrule ANY local laws on the matter.
MARK FOLEY IS GAY
MARK FOLEY WILL BE EXPOSED FOR THE HYPOCRITE HE IS THROUGH A MAIL AND INTERNET CAMPAIGN THAT WILL REACH INTO EVERY HOME IN HIS DISTRICT.

There's alot of angry support for Rogers in the comments.....

The page told a friend here:

http://www.proudofwhoweare.org/emails.html "This freaked me out"

But he continued his message liaison with him anyway:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/BrianRoss/story?id=2509586&page=1

The question remains: who had access to and leaked these e-mails and IMs? And why? I don't believe I've heard any Dems saying how concerned they were for the welfare of the pages and how the page's psyche could be permanently damaged. Only that an evil Republican pedophiliac was
on the loose, and more resignations should follow! Have the Dems been set up as well by another agenda?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Somebody can't read & a couple of somebodies can't see the big picture.

Why did they call Teddy The Bookmark?

Because he could always be found between two pages.

MrBishop

Gofers mostly - go fer coffee, go fer this document, go for Sen Smith and tell him that I want to see him. Get down on your knees and go fer it. *handonhip

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
From what I've heard, they are moronic drivel. Nothing like the IMs.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
From what I've heard, they are moronic drivel. Nothing like the IMs.

So why are the Dem's talking about the e-mails being in the GOP's hands, claiming "They knew this was going on", when it was the IM's and text messages that contained the elicit conversations?

BTW...notice how Foley just came out with his "abused as a child" story?

rrfield

So why are the Dem's talking about the e-mails being in the GOP's hands, claiming "They knew this was going on", when it was the IM's and text messages that contained the elicit conversations?

BTW...notice how Foley just came out with his "abused as a child" story?

my guess is congressmen don't (can't) differentiate between IM's and e-mails because a majority of them, dem or gop, don't understand there is a difference. they are old fuddy duddies, the new-fangled computers are con-fusing.

yup yup foley is an abused alcoholic homosexual. its obviously not his fault!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
my guess is congressmen don't (can't) differentiate between IM's and e-mails because a majority of them, dem or gop, don't understand there is a difference. they are old fuddy duddies, the new-fangled computers are con-fusing.

yup yup foley is an abused alcoholic homosexual. its obviously not his fault!

When you use sarcasm online, it is appropriate to use the [sarcasm] tags so the liberals understand. :p

Anyhow...I doubt they are confused. They certainly hope we are, though. If they can pin this whole debacle on the party, instead of the perpetrator, they can almost assure a victory in the November elections. Pandering at its best...:rolleyes: