'Constitutional crisis' looming over Obama's birth location

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following is a letter from SPLC President Richard Cohen to CNN President Jonathan Klein.

July 24, 2009

Jonathan Klein
President
CNN/U.S.
1 Time Warner Center
New York, N.Y. 10019-6038

Dear Mr. Klein,

As an important and respected news organization, CNN has a special responsibility to ensure the accuracy of its reporting. We have written to you before about our concern that Lou Dobbs repeatedly fails to live up to this standard in his reporting on immigration. Now, Mr. Dobbs is again trading in falsehoods and racist conspiracy theories, questioning President Obama's American citizenship.

On the July 15 edition of "Lou Dobbs Tonight," Mr. Dobbs questioned the official certificate provided by the president and the State of Hawaii and complained that President Obama has not made public the "original document." On his radio program, Mr. Dobbs has repeatedly questioned the president's fitness for office, demanding he "show the documents" and, at one point, jokingly suggesting President Obama may be "undocumented."

.....The fact that Mr. Dobbs suggests otherwise on CNN — while real CNN reporters tell the truth — is both deplorable and an embarrassment to all serious journalists.

Respectable news organizations should not employ reporters willing to peddle racist conspiracy theories and false propaganda. It's time for CNN to remove Mr. Dobbs from the airwaves.

Sincerely,
J. Richard Cohen
President

"...while real CNN reporters tell the truth..."

:rofl3:

Geraldo criticized Lou Dobbs as being a "dope" for talking about the issue, and for his opposition to illegal immigration

What's wrong with opposing ILLEGAL immigration?

What's wrong with opposing ILLEGAL immigration?

Nothing in theory, but the whole thing is giving rise to very real hate groups and very real violence.

Its a matter for the proper authorities, not Joe Dipshit Skinhead and his band of steel toe morons. The trouble is, and this is something they would NEVER admit, but true nonetheless, is that republicans are soft on it because they know that a lot of American businesses rely on migrant workers who work harder for less money doing jobs our people are too good for. They know the financial hit, so they talk good game but in reality couldn't care less.

Trouble is, these skinheads, and the National Alliance, and the Klan and the whole lot of them don't give a crap if they are legal or not, if they aren't white, they like to stomp them to death. You'd think the morons would realize that almost nobody is pure anything anymore and that genetically aside from skin tones and varying traits there is no significant difference from one human to another.

Did you read that story? It sounds like Liberal on Parade. 888 hate groups...wanna bet OTC/RW is one?

The number of Joe Dipshit Skinheads doing diddly squat is vastly overrated.

Groups that offend your sensibilities are protected under the 1st amendment. No matter how wrong they are, they have a right to be wrong.

Did you read that story? It sounds like Liberal on Parade. 888 hate groups...wanna bet OTC/RW is one?

The number of Joe Dipshit Skinheads doing diddly squat is vastly overrated.

Groups that offend your sensibilities are protected under the 1st amendment. No matter how wrong they are, they have a right to be wrong.

Oh and do they have a right to get drunk and have boot parties and stomp people they dislike to death?

These people are scum, pure and simple, and there is no excuse!

Freedom of speech is protected EXCEPT when it's used to incite criminal acts of violence, that is NOT protected and never should be!

In case you are wondering why it bothers me so much, on more than one occasion I have actually seen skinheads kicking someone nearly to death. The worst part was that, other than calling the cops, in both situations there was little I or the people with me could have done if we didn't want to be next.

Thankfully the only actual murder I witnessed was unrelated but probably even more pathetic. I was about 7 and my folks were taking my sister and me on the underground Seattle tour which starts in Pioneer Square. One bum bashed another bums face into a bench over and over til he died, and it turned out it was all over a bottle. I must say though it left an impression. So much blood I can still see it in my mind's eye....

Southern Poverty Law Center has been race baiting for decades.

what's "race baiting?"

is that like suggesting that someone might be some kinda foreigner african muslim as an attempt to dissuade folks from voting for them?

i'm so corn-fused.

You know none of this really has any credibility. Until one of you is black and lived in, say....Mississippi all your life, well then I'd say you really have little idea about what racism in the south really is.

First link - Aug. 09, 1993

Second link is a left wing op-ed

Third link suggests there's a threat. Where is it?

As if you know jack shit about the subject in your comfy Indiana. Talk to cops in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas...

Comfy Indiana? The home of the KKK? Born & bred in the southwest. Not much in the line of "skinheads" there (were, there was this punk club...)

There is no serious threat from any "radical right" hate group.

They have a right to hate, as do you (it's proved in this thread). As long as teh hate isn't manifested in violent activity, it's a protected stupidity.

is that like suggesting that someone might be some kinda foreigner african muslim as an attempt to dissuade folks from voting for them?

If he's a foreigner, he (or she) is not eligible to run for office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back