Contest of curiosity

unclehobart

How much hard drive capacity in total do you have on your main machine? Secondary machines?

I want to find out who has the most on the main.

I want to find out who has the least on the main.

I want to find out who has the least on a secondary.

I would also like to possibly find out who has the most total combined space across all machines in their direct posession.

My main has a 17gig HD

..I'll have to scout out the secondaries.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Most on one Machine, 40Gb
Least on one Machine 32 Gb ( (1) 30 and (1) 2 gig. )
Total Space accessible by network 72 Gb.

chcr

Too cute for words
Post Code gives me disk space envy! :D Let's see, 80GB on mine, 60 on wife's, 70 on pvr, 17, 6, 2.5, and 850MB in a box of spare parts, 20 on wife's laptop, 2.5 on mine and 1.0 on the old 486. you do the math, I'm supposed to be working. :D

chcr

Too cute for words
PostCode said:
The thing is, this RAID card has room for four more drives.
I hate you! :D

Actually, I haven't fooled with RAID. I really don't have a use for it other than it's cool and fast.

PostCode

Major contributor!
It's very nice. If I do get four more drives, it'll be setup ar RAID 0+1 though for data protection. Problem is space....where the hell would I put em? :lol:

tommyj27

Not really Banned
main system: 0gb as of last night but it was a 40
gateway: 6gb
laptop: 20gb
winblows box of my parents: 20gb

hopefully i'll get something nice and big as a replacement from maxtor, a buddy got his 20gb replaced with a broken 100gb, they replaced that w/ a 120

Mirlyn

30 on my every-day machine
6 on my redhat laptop
3 on my xp laptop
180 (80+80+20) on my linux fileserver
20 on my secondary (used by my bro)
2.5 on my other 2k machine

here you go...
NONE on my 166 running LTSP :D

ris

i got a 40 in this and a 6.4 in the wife's. i got a 30gb lying around unplugged but its a deathstar rma i don't think will last long.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
mirlyn, how difficult is it to set up LTSP? i've got some extra hardware lying around, might be a good rainy day project