Convicted killer wants sex change on state's dime

Inkara1

BOSTON — A man serving a life sentence for murdering his wife is asking a federal judge to order the state to pay for a sex-change operation, arguing that denying him the surgery amounts to cruel and unusual punishment.

A psychiatrist testified Tuesday that he believes Robert Kosilek — who now goes by Michelle — will commit suicide if state corrections officials refuse to allow the surgery and Kosilek is unable to complete the transformation into a woman.

Kosilek, 57, was convicted of strangling his wife, Cheryl, in 1990.

Full story

And him (not her) killing himself would be bad because...?

He wants to kill hisself if he don't get the operation? Give him a boob job and while he is under tatoo on his forhead the word pedophile....

Somehow I thought this thread would be about changing the image on the American dime. Maybe a picture of some guys dick being cut off. :rolleyes:

I'd go for it as long as they can figure out how to give him mind-numbing cramps every 28 days. :rofl:

I have a knife right here. I can do the job cheaper than the state can. Just let me have 2 minutes with him in a dark room.

Brilliant. He wants to join the rest of the babes (and I use that term very loosely) in lock down. Better to be a lifer in a wimmins prison isn't it?

So. Here you are, going about your day to day life. Things have been better, but all in all you're OK.

Then the wife starts nagging. Again.

Like any rational right thinking man, the answer becomes cear. Kill the bitch and be done with it. Works in the movies, right?

So ya kill her, spread the lime, all that stuff. Then the damn nosy SOB cops come snooping around. Next thing you know, you're off to jail instead of making that beer run you'd planned. Bummer.

All these lawyers. Man, all you wanted to do today was watch Sally Jessie. Life sentence? Hell, she had it coming.

So we go to court. Sit through weeks of boring-ass testimony. Finally, just when the new season of Charles In Charge is about to start, they get it over with. Life sentence. Sucks, man. Wonder if that job in the dishwasher room is still open?

Fast forward a few years.

Prison life can change a feller, ya know. I never realized I was a woman until a few years ago. Oprah really is a sweetie. She helped me find the courage to embrace the woman in me. It takes balls (no pun intended) to admit you're really a woman in here. Now being an American citizen, a resident of the very cradle of American liberty and other big patriotic sounding words, I should have the right to becme the woman I really am.

It ain't like I'm gonna hurt anybody else. I've been in here for a long time. Never mind the fact that other people get up every day and go to work to pay taxes to afford to keep me in here...they should also foot the bill to allow me to realize my true self.

Either that, or I'll kill myself. That'll convince 'em I'm serious.

When does that series finale of Will And Grace reair again?

If he wants the operation I say they make him do his required duties at prison plus extra duties til he's earned the cash (cash to never be given to him but to use towards the operation if he so chooses)...the prison can hire one less worker so it doesn't cost them any extra. He would probably change his tune if he actually had to work for it. No good for nothings expecting everything to be handed to them :mad:

Nixy said:
If he wants the operation I say they make him do his required duties at prison plus extra duties til he's earned the cash (cash to never be given to him but to use towards the operation if he so chooses)...the prison can hire one less worker so it doesn't cost them any extra. He would probably change his tune if he actually had to work for it. No good for nothings expecting everything to be handed to them :mad:

Where do I even begin with this?

I will assume you have never been inside a prison...

SouthernN'Proud said:
Where do I even begin with this?

I will assume you have never been inside a prison...

No but in prison movies they make them work...like washing dishes and clothes.

Yes, they work. Yes, they "earn" money. I think the last rate I saw for TN was $.17/hr.

Yes, there are trustees. In jails. Not prisons. No way in Hell would any prison allow an inmate on life for murder "do work" that would amount to anything. Prison guards are private citizens, paid (not enough) to do just that...guard. Allowing a convicted murderer to do these duties to "save the money of a position" is unthinkable.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Yes, they work. Yes, they "earn" money. I think the last rate I saw for TN was $.17/hr.

Yes, there are trustees. In jails. Not prisons. No way in Hell would any prison allow an inmate on life for murder "do work" that would amount to anything. Prison guards are private citizens, paid (not enough) to do just that...guard. Allowing a convicted murderer to do these duties to "save the money of a position" is unthinkable.

What?? The movies aren't real? you've destroyed my fragile view of the world. How dare you??? I'll sue!!!

SnP said:
Kill the bitch and be done with it
Axl Rose said:
I used to love her
But I had to kill her
I used to love her, Mm, yeah
But I had to kill her
I had to put her six feet under
And I can still hear her complain

I used to love her, Oo, yeah
But I had to kill her
I used to love her, Oo, yeah
But I had to kill her
I knew I'd miss her
So I had to keep her
She's buried right in my backyard
Oh yeah, Oo yeah, whoa, oh yeah

I used to love her
But I had to kill her
But I had to kill her
She bitched so much, She drove me nuts
And now I'm happier this way, yeah
Whoa, oh yeah

I used to love her
But I had to kill her
But I had to kill her
I had to put her, Oo, six feet under
And I can still hear her complain.

Snp said:
Lions don't sing about Hakuna Matata in the wild either.
Lions, Lie down, Broadway....c'mon man.

let one of the other inmates volenteer to do it.

all they need is a spoon to sharpen.

oh and what is wrong with cruel and unusual punishment, punishment shopuld be cruel and unusual

Back