Cops are less than human

flavio

Banned
SouthernN'Proud said:
Half of y'all ain't even read the damn column, and still you find fault. I'm sending a case of Icy Hot to this forum, to treat all the jerked knees.

The story is about repealing a law against filing bogus claims AGAINST a cop, and how that is no longer a crime. If some of y'all hate cops so much, I suspect there's a reason. Does that warrant a witch hunt?
I suspect you didn't read the column or the other replies in this thread. Nobody said anything about hating cops or a witch hunt...that's just your knee-jerk reaction.

If you actually took the time to read and think about some of the good points in the thread maybe there could be a discussion. Cops=good doesn't really cut it though.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
flavio said:
I suspect you didn't read the column or the other replies in this thread. Nobody said anything about hating cops or a witch hunt...that's just your knee-jerk reaction.

Are you related to T.O. of the Philadelphia Eagles by any chance?

flavio said:
If you actually took the time to read and think about some of the good points in the thread maybe there could be a discussion. Cops=good doesn't really cut it though.

He never said that. Cops cannot be 100% good any more than anybody else in society. He said that this was about a law against filing a false report against a police officer. You ignored that, and pressed on with your crusade about the police filing false reports against the people they arrest. I know this is OTC, but you could at least have a discussion on the points as stated, when stated, instead of changing the question in your reply, TD...

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Are you related to T.O. of the Philadelphia Eagles by any chance?
What the hell does that mean? Have you had a little too much to drink tofay?

He never said that.

Nobody said they hate cops or anything about a witch hunt either did they?

Cops cannot be 100% good any more than anybody else in society. He said that this was about a law against filing a false report against a police officer. You ignored that, and pressed on with your crusade about the police filing false reports against the people they arrest. I know this is OTC, but you could at least have a discussion on the points as stated, when stated, instead of changing the question in your reply, TD...
All I've been discussing is what constitutes a false report. Are you referring to PostCode's comments? Get it together.

flavio

Banned
SouthernN'Proud said:
Nah, (s)he just likes to disagree with anything I say. That's why I don't see anymore of it.
Well, I think we've seen that you don't handle anyone disagreeing with you too well.

PostCode

Major contributor!
SouthernN'Proud said:
Nah, (s)he just likes to disagree with anything I say. That's why I don't see anymore of it.

Interesting. But then again, since you work in the correctional field I'm going to bet that this really chaps yer ass hard.

Get with it man. If the cops are protected by law to NOT be charged against filling a false report/claim, then why in the hell should a person who is paying that person's wages be held under the law? I have no problem with the law in of itself other than the fact that the cops are protected by not being held accountable.

You can file a false claim but I can't?

I never said I hated cops. I just happen to know a few that are pretty much worthless.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
PostCode said:
Get with it man. If the cops are protected by law to NOT be charged against filling a false report/claim, then why in the hell should a person who is paying that person's wages be held under the law? I have no problem with the law in of itself other than the fact that the cops are protected by not being held accountable.

You can file a false claim but I can't?

I never said I hated cops. I just happen to know a few that are pretty much worthless.

Again, read the article.

This decision says it is NOT a crime to file a knowingly false claim against a cop. All the rest of the shit you and othersare posting about is not part of the discussion.

Read.

flavio

Banned
SouthernN'Proud said:
Again, read the article.
Yeah, and don't read the WHOLE article.....just read the one sentence that SnP made it through. Otherwise it's going to get all complicated in here.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
K.

So dude goes to make a complaint, saying this cop "blank"ed me.
Dude has no proof, though it did happen.
Cops say...well, it didn't happen, so he must have known it was false, and charge him.
Dude is in jail for howeverlongtoolong.

That is why this law was changed.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Knowingly is not a guessing game. There is evidence to present, including witnesses. Chances are very high a DA won't touch a questionable case.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:
Knowingly is not a guessing game. There is evidence to present, including witnesses. Chances are very high a DA won't touch a questionable case.

so cop slaps Mr. A

Mr A says cop slaps me

cop says I didn't, it is a false accusation, and Mr. A is arrested for a false report cause NO-ONE was arround, and who investigates this..more cops

cops stick together

PostCode

Major contributor!
Gestapo tactics are ok then? Is this what you are saying?

Come on dude...who funds yer paycheck man?

Like I said, I have no problem with the law in the understanding, but who are we protecting here? The enforcers or the enforced?

Yeah, ya got a job to keep but I'm sure there is enough to go around, but realize this...you prtotect us. We pay you, not you pay us. See the logic here. Wait, logic may be to hard...ummm how about see the fairness here? Is any of this sinkin' in?

Ok, that was probably uncalled for but sheesh dude. You should understand this as a basic principle of human beings. WE FUCKING LIE! If a cop is a human, what's he going to do? HE IS GOING TO FUCKING LIE!

Case fucking closed!

PostCode

Major contributor!
Sorry snp. I've bout had it with probation occifers and powice wannabe's this past year and half. Pretty fucking tired of the BS.