Cops are less than human

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Some people also steal & murder. So do some cops. Lying or killing are, before the law, criminal. No matter who does it. However, this ruling has expressly allowed perjurous cases to go unpunished, as long as they are aimed at police officers.
false statements in support of officers were not also criminalized.
I'm reasonably sure they are already illegal. The moment an officer signs the paperwork, it becomes a legal document & intentionally lying on a sworn document is, in itself, a criminal offense. I'm not 100% on that but it seems reasonable.

PostCode

Major contributor!
Gonz said:
Some people also steal & murder. So do some cops. Lying or killing are, before the law, criminal. No matter who does it. However, this ruling has expressly allowed perjurous cases to go unpunished, as long as they are aimed at police officers.

I'm reasonably sure they are already illegal. The moment an officer signs the paperwork, it becomes a legal document & intentionally lying on a sworn document is, in itself, a criminal offense. I'm not 100% on that but it seems reasonable.

But, if it's not in the legal documentation, i.e. legal law, that would otherwise incriminate of a person paying that genious's paycheck then it's basically ok. Thus, the judge rightly sighted here. If legal precedent is set what stops other states from adopting these measures? Obviously IT'S NOT IN THE BOOKS GONZ!

Sheesh peps...this isn't friggin Saudi Arabia man!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:

should be the same law, for everyone, the point is this allows cops to do what they please, if a complaint is registed it should go to IAD, if the allegations are false then those people get punished the same as everyone who lodges a false complaint.

PostCode

Major contributor!
paul_valaru said:
should be the same law, for everyone, the point is this allows cops to do what they please, if a complaint is registed it should go to IAD, if the allegations are false then those people get punished the same as everyone who lodges a false complaint.

Thank you for a thinker. The law was not created to protect the police. It was created to protect the innocent. If a person commits a crime that involves a police officer and a false claim, and is backed with evidence, then hey, more power to the cop. Then again, if the reverse if true, good bye job and say hello to bars for ya friggin id10t.

If a person says hey, this cop did this and their is no evidence and the cop says the reverse, prosecution has no right to prosecute unless evidence shows that this individual proves otherwise. I see nothing about joe blow individual showing either evidence for or against the cop in the case within the article....anyone else? He was prosecuted regardless!

My whole point in this entire argument is equality of the law. Not a one sided Gestapo tactic enforcement of what they perceive as their law. YOU WORK FOR ME, NOT ME WORK FOR YOUR SORRY DEFUNCT ASS!

It was up to the police department to determine if the speech was false,” Chaker said. “I made a complaint against a police officer for twisting my wrist and was charged as a criminal.”

In nearly every single friggin case out there, unless evidence to solidly back the citizen in question is provided, the cop wins. He has no worries. But you find this ok?

PostCode

Major contributor!
It just dawned on me. When you see these high profile cases of bad cop beating the life outta innocent civilian on TV where does it usually happen? California...

With the exception of the beligerant id10t's in Loiusiana that is (hit him at least three times just to make sure...oh, and do it in the face), in which case, I really wish Howard Cosell was still around. Maybe ABC could use the deputies beating the shit out of the guy on the ground next the the highway railing as entertainment?

"And in this corner 10 heavily armed LA County Deputies, and in this corner one hispanic man with nothing..."

Ya get my drift here?

Probably not....

Thank God for TV.....

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
First off, my job is not considered law enforcement in this state. I do not have arrest authority, nor am I armed. I am more of a court officer than a police officer.

That being said, it still alarms me that this many people would support something that takes civil and human rights away from cops.

I just hope that, when the time comes that you need a cop, you treat them like you have here.

Fed up with probation officers? That tells me a whole lot.

Y'all go ahead, do as you like. It'll bite you someday, or you'll grow out of it and join the adult world. Makes no difference to me one way or the other.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Just as I found this last night my cable went down

This is why the 9th Circuit gets overturned.

CA Penal Code said:
118.1. Every peace officer who files any report with the agency
which employs him or her regarding the commission of any crime or any
investigation of any crime, if he or she knowingly and intentionally
makes any statement regarding any material matter in the report
which the officer knows to be false, whether or not the statement is
certified or otherwise expressly reported as true, is guilty of
filing a false report punishable by imprisonment in the county jail
for up to one year, or in the state prison for one, two, or three
years. This section shall not apply to the contents of any statement
which the peace officer attributes in the report to any other
person.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
So it's a crime if the cop does it, but not a crime if it's done to him.

Sounds like America to me.

Naaahh. It's because cops should know better, and the rest of the population are sheep being led to the slaughter. :grinyes:

flavio

Banned
Leslie said:
K.

So dude goes to make a complaint, saying this cop "blank"ed me.
Dude has no proof, though it did happen.
Cops say...well, it didn't happen, so he must have known it was false, and charge him.
Dude is in jail for howeverlongtoolong.

That is why this law was changed.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
There's lotsa shit that's happened to me over the years that I can't prove. :shrug:

Doesn't mean I'm lying when I say it happened. Lucky for me though, noone I'd accuse would be able to arrest me for it. Sue maybe, but not arrest. Had it been a cop, maybe not so safe would I be.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
There's lotsa shit that's happened to me over the years that I can't prove. :shrug:

Doesn't mean I'm lying when I say it happened. Lucky for me though, noone I'd accuse would be able to arrest me for it. Sue maybe, but not arrest. Had it been a cop, maybe not so safe would I be.

But...if you'll notice...cops get busted for filing false claims as well...and get a much bigger punishment when caught.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This is one of the most incoherent on-topic threads OTC has ever had.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Incoherent is better than bile-spewing hatred. :p

It sucks that it has to be this way, but it's necessary, and the only means regulators had to protect citizens from those few bad apples who have ruined it for everyone. This is obviously occuring frequently enough that someone in legislature noticed? And that's not good enough.

Should the Police have instituted an Ombudsman or some such, perhaps this wouldn't have been necessary. But they didn't bother, or didn't in the interests of protecting their own, and this is the result.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
Incoherent is better than bile-spewing hatred. :p

It sucks that it has to be this way, but it's necessary, and the only means regulators had to protect citizens from those few bad apples who have ruined it for everyone. This is obviously occuring frequently enough that someone in legislature noticed? And that's not good enough.

Should the Police have instituted an Ombudsman or some such, perhaps this wouldn't have been necessary. But they didn't bother, or didn't in the interests of protecting their own, and this is the result.

I just wonder how the cop is supposed to get the perpetrator into handcuffs without twisting a body part behind them...:nuts:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Leslie said:

Sounds like a surrender to me.