Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
10 years on one job is a record. Five years after being bought by a huge conglomerate who didn't appreciate or want trucks & after months of expectation (being the sole reamining driver for my company) it finally happened.

I've been terminated.

My job is no longer an active part of "our future". Man, I don't want to get a real job. I've had this cushy assed driving job for so long I forgot what real work is. What a pain in the ass.

I know, I'll blame Bush. 10 weeks severance plus 3 weeks vacation plus the one final profit sharing check. It seems that opting for one large package, instead of remaining on payroll for 14 weeks, is the best bet.

Time for a weeks vacation (you people are gonna be sooooo sorry) then it'll take about 48 minutes to get a job. It'll take a week for paperwork & government regualtions but I'll be hired. I sure as hell hope there are more cushy jobs available. Otherwise I may have to cut back on my OTC time.

Yikes. At least you're going out with some cash in your hand. Time to get that resume' together.

Shit! Sorry to hear that Gonz!

At least they didn't give you a pink-slip, your 4% and a bum's rush.
Enjoy the time off!

To a degree. Salarired positions in trucking (especially as a driver) is virtually unheard of.

Ditto man. Good luck finding something just as good.

Is Sammy ok? Or are they having major layoffs across the board?

It's just drivers. As far as I know. They booted the other guy last October & I (incorrectly) assumed I had a year or two. CUNO has yet to understand that saving money is the same as making money. Sam is safe...for now.

Well at least in my own mind i am. Gonz. Call (number edited by Gonz) they will have an ad in the weekend paper. they are looking for a warehouse/driver. If a woman answers its my wife. If not ask for her(wendi) tell her who you are and fill out the app.

I wish I'd get laid off. Instead, they keep me on personal leave without pay. Guess they like me :)

Sorry to hear the news... perhaps Wendi can help :)

hugs

yessir boss, got it...wendi's job, while probably wonderful & fulfilling beyond my dreams, didn't see eye to eye with my salary needs. Too bad. I could have taken advantage of Sams wife. :(

I'm sorry you couldn't take advantage of Sam's wife. :(
And about the job. :(

Could you maybe swing taking the severance and putting down on your own rig? Hard with a family at home I guess to risk that.

I'm considering that...it's an awful lot of work & I'm not sure I care than much.

Leslie said:
Wifey probably doesn't want you gone that much either.

Probably doesn't need him to be around as much as hes gonna be either. :swing:

I wouldn't have thought being a salaried driver would have been all that great,unless there was nothing to deliver/pickup.

I worked 0 hour days & I worker 24 hours days. It all panned out. With a real job, I f there's no work, there no pay.

Back