Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Lost your job? Blame Bush! Lost your wife? Blame Bush! Lost your contact lens? Blame Bush! Lost your virginity? Blame Bush!

Assuming I didn't forget someting of importance in my background, I have two unofficial offers. Hafta wait for the legal issues before they can be made official.

One pays great but I'm gone a lot.

The other is a union local gig. Unsure of the money but it'll be in the neighborhood of what I made. Maybe I can convert the union thugs into capitalists.

Decisions, decisions.

Convert union thugs? I think you'd sooner see Squiggy vote for Condi than convert union bosses into Republicans.

Gonz said:
10 years on one job is a record. Five years after being bought by a huge conglomerate who didn't appreciate or want trucks & after months of expectation (being the sole reamining driver for my company) it finally happened.

I've been terminated.

Sorry to hear......I know exactly how you feel....I moved down here and got a job at a golf course.....I LIKED IT! and don't ya know they sold it....

Inkara1 said:
Convert union thugs? I think you'd sooner see Squiggy vote for Condi than convert union bosses into Republicans.

They don't have to be Republicans, nor full fledged conservatives. Just stop redistributing everybody elses wealth. It would be out of character to not at least try & show them the light.

I'd grab the Union gig...home more often is a good thing. Work your way up the Union chain and RULE eventually. :D

Professur said:
except, of course, for having to be unionized.

That scares teh bejeezus outta me. Today I spent time at the Social Security office (my card vanished, probably eloped with my AC DC disc) & then to BMV to get a copy of my driving record.

Holy shit where do they get these people?

Professur said:
except, of course, for having to be unionized.
There's nothing quite like being forced to pay union dues, and then watching those union dues get donated to causes you don't agree with.

Gonz said:
Today I spent time at the Social Security office (my card vanished, probably eloped with my AC DC disc)

2 words for ya, my man.

Identity theft.

Get that SSN changed. It's worth the hassle.

Best of luck with the search. I cannot imagine how that must feel.

Inkara1 said:
There's nothing quite like being forced to pay union dues, and then watching those union dues get donated to causes you don't agree with.

Reason number one that I refuse to take any union job, and threatened to quit when it was speculated that my job might go union.

My uncle delivers Big farm equipment. He likes it pretty good.
You might check around the farm equipment places in your area.
The market here for the equipment is good, and I guessing it probably is there too.

Isokinetic testing. Anybody ever done this? They want me to go in on WED for this test. Seems GE shows that people who take this test & fall in a certain category are less likely to get hurt. Better living thru science.

If you weren't such an old codger, I'd suggest a stint with the National Guard. They're looking for convoy drivers right now...;)

Gonz said:
Isokinetic testing. Anybody ever done this? They want me to go in on WED for this test. Seems GE shows that people who take this test & fall in a certain category are less likely to get hurt. Better living thru science.
I guess we'll soon find out once and for all if sex drugs and rockandroll really do cause long term damage :lloyd:

Back