Creepy

Professur

Didn't think so. Now go to your room and think about this, young lady. I've got to go buy some edge trim to replace what I smashed this morning.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Didn't think so. Now go to your room and think about this, young lady. I've got to go buy some edge trim to replace what I smashed this morning.

I am in my room...:mope:

HomeLAN

When someone takes their cordless into the bathroom. That creeps me out.

'Specially cause it's usually me.

A.B.Normal

Nixy said:
What creeps you out when you're having a conversation with someone? Something that they probably don't even realize they're doing...and I'm not talking like you're having a convo with someone who is creep necessarily but rather something many people do or say during a conversation that freaks you out.

I get freaked out if people continually refers to me by my name. "How do I do this Nicole?" "That's funny Nicole" etc...putting my name in when it's not really necessary cause obviously I know they're talking to me. It sometimes makes me feel like they're being mocking or something. Sometimes it just creeps me out. There was one guy in my class who ALWAYS did it and it almost seemed like he was testing me to see if I knew his name, being like "I know YOUR name do you know mine?"...

For this reason I don't generally use other people's names in conversation with them either...makes me feel like I'm being creepy.

Yeah,coworkers are constantly doing that to me,Its a "RETAIL" thing ,we're supposed to use peoples first name whenever possible.Still creeps me out,especially when its new employees who call me by name and I'm not wearing my nametag.Its not uncommon for someone to say goodbye{insert name} or hello{insert name},I personally think its silly using there name for such commmon greetings ,but :shrug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
THAT creeps me out. With what?

See if she wants to come with me to the fish and chip place :p

Ya coulda left it in context so I didn't have to go searching for the post I said it in :p

levana

I hate people that feel the need to stand 2 inches from my face while they talk to me. You back away and they move with you... makes me wanna just run away quickly.

levana

There was this woman at work tonight with really horrible breath. I kept offering her a stick of gum but she kept saying no. Is there a polite way to let someone know their breath smells like week old roadkill? :shrug:

Professur

levana said:
I hate people that feel the need to stand 2 inches from my face while they talk to me. You back away and they move with you... makes me wanna just run away quickly.

Turn slightly sideways. It puts a shoulder to them. That'll give you about 6" more room. Hotel Management 101 - dealing with obnoxious people.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Turn slightly sideways. It puts a shoulder to them. That'll give you about 6" more room. Hotel Management 101 - dealing with obnoxious people.

Good idea. Have you any on how to pack up a buncha a little stuff that I need but doesn't lend itself well to packing?

Professur

My first tax paying job was packing boxes for Birks Jewellers. I've never actually needed any tricks for it. What sort of stuff? Fragile?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
My first tax paying job was packing boxes for Birks Jewellers. I've never actually needed any tricks for it. What sort of stuff? Fragile?

nah...stuff like a glass filled with coins, cup of pens, random nicnacs

Professur

OK, glasses, unless it's special, leave it. If you want to take it, take a pair of panties, put whatever was in the glass (cept coins) into the panties and put then back in the glass. This helps stop the glass from being crushed. Wrap another pair around the outside and you're done. Pack it in the middle of your clothes.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
OK, glasses, unless it's special, leave it. If you want to take it, take a pair of panties, put whatever was in the glass (cept coins) into the panties and put then back in the glass. This helps stop the glass from being crushed. Wrap another pair around the outside and you're done. Pack it in the middle of your clothes.

Not breakable glasses...I just don't wanna have to take the stuff out of them...I'm considering covering the opening of the coin one with plastic wrap. Clothes and everything is already packed.

Professur

Not breakable, do what I said. If you don't want to use panties, a pair of socks works well too. One stuffed in the top (not too tight) and the other over the outside.