Crucified Santa gains few fans for B.C. artist

You only wear the crucifix, or make the sign of the cross around easter?

The crucifix as a symbol for the christian faith isn't only relegated to Easter, eh.

Never ever did wear a crucifix, nor make the sign of the cross. Our church doesn't *do* that, and of course now I just wouldn't anyway.

And I don't find his symbolism effective, not in the slightest, even entirely disregarding the time of year. I haven't the foggiest idea what crucifixion has to do with Santa and consumerism and global warming, but for a publicity drive and an oooooooh isn't the artist deeeeeeeeep vibe, that is, which is apparently working.

Never ever did wear a crucifix, nor make the sign of the cross. Our church doesn't *do* that, and of course now I just wouldn't anyway.

And I don't find his symbolism effective, not in the slightest, even entirely disregarding the time of year. I haven't the foggiest idea what crucifixion has to do with Santa and consumerism and global warming, but for a publicity drive and an oooooooh isn't the artist deeeeeeeeep vibe, that is, which is apparently working.

Sorry...I thought that you were on about my post with the homeless guy on the cardboard boxes. :shrug: Homelessness being a relevant topic all year round.

Homeless used to be called hobo. It's a chioce for such a massive majority that it's hard to seperate the real hard luck cases so they end up lost in an endless sea.

what is the relevant tourist board doing about it heh?

Tourists don't want to see that kind of thing!

Back