Daylight Savings Time

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
For those 47 states that have participated in the past...remember to set your clocks ahead one hour at 2am & change your smoke alarm batteries.

For Arizona & HAwaii...check your TV Guide, your shows have moved.

For Indiana-welcome back to the DST fold, now PANIC!!!!!!

yes, and unfortunately I have to wake up on monday for 7am class :(

I sure was glad when I got Windows 2000 and now XP and found out they don't do 98's stupid "your clock's been changed, now verify it" thing.

Luis G said:
yes, and unfortunately I have to wake up on monday for 7am class :(

I don't see why people make a big deal of when they have to get up on MONDAY. The time changes Sat night...you have a whole day to get switched around for monday...go to bed the same time you normally do on Sundays (which means you lose 1 hr of the day if you sleep for the same amount of time Sat night as you usually would because you get up at 10 instead of 9 for example)...I've NEVER experienced an issue with it...when you have something to get up for on SUNDAY that's when the issue arises IMO.

Nixy said:
I don't see why people make a big deal of when they have to get up on MONDAY. The time changes Sat night...you have a whole day to get switched around for monday...go to bed the same time you normally do on Sundays (which means you lose 1 hr of the day if you sleep for the same amount of time Sat night as you usually would because you get up at 10 instead of 9 for example)...I've NEVER experienced an issue with it...when you have something to get up for on SUNDAY that's when the issue arises IMO.

I always have issues waking up before 8am I just can't. Needless to say on monday I must wake up at 5:30am, dst only makes it worse.

I have to get up at 6 when I have work. When I don't have work I plan to get up at 9 so I can do something useful. Haha. For some reason my system shuts down completely until noon when I don't have work. It never fails.

I gotta go get 3 new smoke detectors tomorrow.:hmm:
3 or 6, now about 5 years old, just chirp like a bird instead of Alarming.
At least the 3 fire extinguishers are still good to go. :)

Luis G said:
I always have issues waking up before 8am I just can't. Needless to say on monday I must wake up at 5:30am, dst only makes it worse.

Bust DST is SATURDAY NIGHT, how does that affect MONDAY MORNING?

Nixy said:
Bust DST is SATURDAY NIGHT, how does that affect MONDAY MORNING?
Same way it takes a week or so to get adjusted when you get switched to the graveyard shift.

Yup! Really technical type person.....you should have seen me waving my finger back and forth saying "thingie" while trying to come up with the word gauge.

The alarm didn't go off, so I woke up and tried to figure out the time in a panic, flew out of bed and down the stairs still asleep, only to find out the biggest boy got the younger one ready and sent him off to Sunday School without me.

Then I looked around in my fog at the 4 wrong clocks (2 are losing time, I didn't know whether the new vcr had DST changing or not, the microwave blinks 12.) Came here, it didn't say the right time either. Had to find a time now site before I could feel normal again.

It got me this year.

Back