Daylight Savings Time

Nixy said:
Why does primetime shift in Arizona? Isn't "Prime time" when the most people watch?? It's stupid that they shift it for DST...prime time should still start at 8pm.

Price Time gets shifted just like everything else...but if YOUR clocks don't change...

It's all relative.

It's because Arizona doesn't change their clocks like the rest of the Mountain time zone does. So it's not Arizona changing from Mountain to Pacific time; it's Mountain time changing away from Arizona and Pacific time changing to Arizona. But Arizona still gets the Mountain time zone TV feed, and at that time it's 7 in Arizona when it's 8 in the rest of the Mountain time zone.

Inkara1 said:
It's because Arizona doesn't change their clocks like the rest of the Mountain time zone does. So it's not Arizona changing from Mountain to Pacific time; it's Mountain time changing away from Arizona and Pacific time changing to Arizona. But Arizona still gets the Mountain time zone TV feed, and at that time it's 7 in Arizona when it's 8 in the rest of the Mountain time zone.

So why don't the cable channels in Arizona show the shows an hour later than all the other states??

That's a question for the ages, why they don't just switch it over to the California feed.

End result: I slept little over 5 hours tonight, was tired all day. Got home, ate and slept for two hours in the afternoon.

Nixy said:
So why don't the cable channels in Arizona show the shows an hour later than all the other states??

There are 2 network feeds. East & West. Typically, Mountain time picks up the east coast feed & tape delays it. The west coast is a new feed. They change commercials & when a live east coast feed contains language or boobs or whatever, it's cleaned up. Depending on the show & the market, some Mountain zone cities pick up the west coast feed.

A huge difference is, the farther south & west you go, the lower the primetime viewing anyway. Those folks are outside, year round.

Gonz said:
There are 2 network feeds. East & West. Typically, Mountain time picks up the east coast feed & tape delays it. The west coast is a new feed. They change commercials & when a live east coast feed contains language or boobs or whatever, it's cleaned up. Depending on the show & the market, some Mountain zone cities pick up the west coast feed.

A huge difference is, the farther south & west you go, the lower the primetime viewing anyway. Those folks are outside, year round.

I like outside :)

It was raining and chilly here yesterday :(

It's only 1 celcius here so far today :mope:

Professur said:
I'll take -5 at night, and about +2 during the day for 2 weeks. That'll give us a good season.

*mutters and grumbles*

OK, I can live with that IF we don't have any rain in that time...if it must rain then it has to be overnight and dry by morning.

Professur said:
Don't start. If we don't get some cold temps quick, the maples won't run.

What did you have in December, January, February & March?

Hmmm. I've got two choices. I can tear into you for making a stupid comment, or I could take that as an actual inquiry and spend the next hour explaining the lifecycle of maple trees.

I'll let the general population decide which they'd prefer.

Back