Daylight Savings Time

I can't see the difference between going to bed at 2am or 3am on a saturday night, then sleeping untill 11am or noon sunday morning.

I can't wait to hear all the bitching about DST at work today.
Aww, you don't like daylight savings time? I'm sad for you. GET OVER IT!!!

rrfield said:
I can't see the difference between going to bed at 2am or 3am on a saturday night, then sleeping untill 11am or noon sunday morning.

[Pedanticman]If you sleep til noon, that's hardly Sunday morning anymore, is it?[/Pedanticman]

rrfield said:

THANK YOU! Someone else sees my point of view!!! Unless a person is one of the rare few who have to be up to an alarm on a Sunday morning then I don't see the issue either!!!

the boys and I all slept in yesterday and today. We're usually up and "going" by 7:30 like clockwork, every day. We all had to be dragged out of bed today.

It's an hour. 60 minutes. If that throws somebody off that bad, get medical help. It's the exact same transition on your body as staying up an hour later than normal. This should not require weeks of "getting used to". It's one freakin hour.

SouthernN'Proud said:
It's an hour. 60 minutes. If that throws somebody off that bad, get medical help. It's the exact same transition on your body as staying up an hour later than normal. This should not require weeks of "getting used to". It's one freakin hour.

THANK YOU!

*was beginning to think she was the only one not affected*

SouthernN'Proud said:

On a regular sunday, I sleep from 11pm to 5:40am (almost 7 hours). Last night I couldn't sleep til past 12am, so I slept at most 6 hours. You call that 60 minutes but damn I really need them.

SouthernN'Proud said:
And you never stay up an hour late to watch a movie or something?

Not on sundays or wednesdays.

It takes you a week to adjust when you do?

No, but then again, is not the same to shift your whole schedule than getting back one hour by taking a nap in the afternoon.

It's usually a matter of 2 or 3 days to shift it completely. When I was studying, I never had an issue with dst because I would just not show up for class :D now is different.

Well we've changed from mountain standard time
to pacific standard time, I'm inna California state of mind.

SouthernN'Proud said:
And you never stay up an hour late to watch a movie or something? It takes you a week to adjust when you do?

My problem is that I aim to go to bed between 12.30am to 1am and then get at least 7 hours sleep, which I was doing before the times changed, but now I'm just not tired till 2-ish... so I don't wake up properly before 9-ish... For the first time in years I'm actually sleeping more than 2 hrs at a stretch and only waking once or twice, so I don't want to spoil it, but I just can't seem to adjust to the change in hours. Maybe it just takes longer when you get older.

chcr said:
[Pedanticman]If you sleep til noon, that's hardly Sunday morning anymore, is it?[/Pedanticman]

Yes. If you sleep until AFTER noon, is when it is no longer morning :p

Gonz said:
For Arizona & HAwaii...check your TV Guide, your shows have moved.

Actually, for the most part, none of our shows move their air times. Only a few satellite companies move their shows but cable and local stations all remain untouched.

Since you're so far away, that makes sense. Az goes from, Mountain to Pacific time so prime time begins at 7PM

Why does primetime shift in Arizona? Isn't "Prime time" when the most people watch?? It's stupid that they shift it for DST...prime time should still start at 8pm.

Before Indiana decided to be like everyone else, I had choices. Indianapolis channels would delay prime-time until 8pm, but the Terre Haute channels would not, to appease their Illinios viewers. I can get both cities OTA, so I wanted to see two shows that were scheduled for 8pm, I could catch one at 7 instead.

Of course this was pre-DVR. It also did not apply to cable channels or live sporting events. Those were shifted.

Back