Daylight Savings Time

Inkara1 said:
Same way it takes a week or so to get adjusted when you get switched to the graveyard shift.

BAH, I musta got my mom's ability to flip flop then because I've never been affected on Monday by DST...neither has my roomie she said.

I woke up and thought "hmmmmm 11am...I should maybe get up and start doing what I need to do. Oh wait, that's actually 12pm, yup definately time to get up." SO I got up and have started changing clocks...it's hard work I needed a break so I came here...that's my excuse atleast :D

Les: That's so cool that he did that and let you sleep :)

Nixy said:
Bust DST is SATURDAY NIGHT, how does that affect MONDAY MORNING?

It's always difficult. But noting that:
1) I went to a wedding yesterday and got home at 5am.
2) I won't be getting into bed early today.

I'll have a really hard time getting up tomorrow.

Leslie said:
The alarm didn't go off, so I woke up and tried to figure out the time in a panic, flew out of bed and down the stairs still asleep, only to find out the biggest boy got the younger one ready and sent him off to Sunday School without me.

Then I looked around in my fog at the 4 wrong clocks (2 are losing time, I didn't know whether the new vcr had DST changing or not, the microwave blinks 12.) Came here, it didn't say the right time either. Had to find a time now site before I could feel normal again.

It got me this year.

Wow Paul, you're a real help :p

Luis G said:
It's always difficult. But noting that:
1) I went to a wedding yesterday and got home at 5am.
2) I won't be getting into bed early today.

I'll have a really hard time getting up tomorrow.

So, really, taking those things into account the ONE hour you lose due to DST isn't really gonna make that big of a difference...

Shuddap nixy. *whap
Daylight savings always puts my body out of whack. It may be only on an hour, but I still feel like a dog barfed on me. :mope:

BeardofPants said:
Shuddap nixy. *whap
Daylight savings always puts my body out of whack. It may be only on an hour, but I still feel like a dog barfed on me. :mope:

Like I said then...even though I never thought so I guess I've inherited my mom's ability to get back on track with sleep easily...she works 2 weeks days and 2 weeks midnights and flips back and forth without issue...and DST has never affected me...I lost 1 hr of homework time but as for sleep it doesn't make a difference to me.

Nixy said:
So, really, taking those things into account the ONE hour you lose due to DST isn't really gonna make that big of a difference...

An hour is an hour.

Leslie said:
The alarm didn't go off, so I woke up and tried to figure out the time in a panic, flew out of bed and down the stairs still asleep, only to find out the biggest boy got the younger one ready and sent him off to Sunday School without me.

Then I looked around in my fog at the 4 wrong clocks (2 are losing time, I didn't know whether the new vcr had DST changing or not, the microwave blinks 12.) Came here, it didn't say the right time either. Had to find a time now site before I could feel normal again.

It got me this year.

In this area, you can dial POPCORN and it will tell you "at the tone, the time will be 1:24 and 45 seconds." That is, of course, if you dial POPCORN at 1:24:45.

BeardofPants said:
Shuddap nixy. *whap

Having owned (if you want to call it that) dogs for most of my life, I can say from experience that nothing else in the world feels having a dog barf on you.

chcr said:
Having owned (if you want to call it that) dogs for most of my life, I can say from experience that nothing else in the world feels having a dog barf on you.

oh i'm sure i could come up with a few things that are similar or worse.

thats one of them.
explosive diarrhea is a bundle of fun too.
shall i go on?

Back