Daylight savings

Q

All you US people better remember to turn your clocks AHEAD tonight.

alex

Just curious, since most of the admins here live in Indiana, and most of Indiana doesn't observe daylight savings time, will this have any effect on the time settings on the board? Does vb automatically adjust for it? Doesn't that mess you folks up that don't observe it? What's the current price of eggs in China?

Q

I made a slight error in my first post :blush: Clocks go ahead in the spring...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
alex said:
will this have any effect on the time settings on the board?
Nope, the server should go into DST sometime tonight too. The only settings it screws up are the time zones for people who aren't affected by DST (e.g. those in indiana and parts of those other states below it. :lol: )
alex said:
Does vb automatically adjust for it?
No
alex said:
Doesn't that mess you folks up that don't observe it?
Yup, we usually have to reprogram our VCRs
alex said:
What's the current price of eggs in China?
Apparently $250... (scroll down to the bottom) :lol:

alex

:eek:

65 bazillion year old egg for $250........that's better than buying an old coin :headbang:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
DST is dumb. The farmers have headlights now. See:

John%20Deere.jpg

Q

We don't do it cuz of the farmers anymore...we do it so the little children aren't standing at the bus stops in the dark in the winter time....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Ah, I see. Have every adult, most incapable of setting VCRs in the first place, tinker with every clock in the friggin house & work & the car & the watch & wherever else they may have them is easier than letting kids sleep an hour longer, thus feeling brighter & chippier for 2 months. :D