Death is tough to deal with

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I JUST got off the phone with my common-law hubby - his Mom just told him she has colon cancer.

What the hell.

BB

:kiss:

If it were me, i'd admire your dad for that, if you had just lost your mum at the time.

I guess the thing that might possibly rub around in your mind a bit bubbling away under the surface is that he told a friend but not his family ... but in the circumstances of your mum, again, i'd just have more admiration than anything else.

anyhow, all the best, and give yourself a hug from me.

best, BB xx

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I JUST got off the phone with my common-law hubby - his Mom just told him she has colon cancer.

What the hell.

The curse of three...I lost my grandfather, my dad and then found out my other grandfather had cancer (which he died from just over 2 years later) all within less than a year...

Hopefully this is the end of your bad news string :sadhug:

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
My mother in law is 60.

Ya... curse of 3... bleh. I found out that her Mom died of colon cancer and her brother is currently under going treatment for it, too.

simplyred

I'm not trying to be holier than thou, but pray. The power of prayer is amazing! If nothing else, it may give you the strength to handle all of this.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I'm not trying to be holier than thou, but pray. The power of prayer is amazing! If nothing else, it may give you the strength to handle all of this.
That's not holier than thou at all - and thanks so much ... we're workin on it.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
For those of you who took time to post here, thank you so much - now I know who my friends are on here ;) and I appreciate all your kind words.

Aunty Em

I'm really sorry to read about the tough time you're going through right now Spirit. Death always stirs up a lot of emotions but I found that writing everything down helped me a lot.

Inkara1

lol... funny how that's what you took the time to post.

Thanks, sammy

Well, if you hadn't made the previous post implying that the only ones who are your "friends" are the ones who had posted in here, I wouldn't have posted that, either, because I didn't think I had anything of value to add and I didn't want to post something I felt was too generic for what I would want to say. I rarely post in "happy birthday" and "welcome" threads, as well.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
That's ok, Inky - you're just not the mushy type ;)

I think I am just too emotional to post anything that deals with emotion.

I didn't mean to imply anything.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Well - Mom-In-Law has Colon Cancer that has spread in to her lungs. They give her 2 years if she does chemo every 2 weeks. She's a strong and otherwise perfectly healthy woman, so I think she'll probably last a lot longer than they anticipate.

I feel so badly for my man for 2 reasons. 1 being that it's hereditary and everyone on his Mom's side has had it and died from it - so this means that he's next on the list. 2 being he now has to deal with his mom having a shortened life.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Well - Mom-In-Law has Colon Cancer that has spread in to her lungs. They give her 2 years if she does chemo every 2 weeks. She's a strong and otherwise perfectly healthy woman, so I think she'll probably last a lot longer than they anticipate.

I don't mean to sound harsh, she is strong now but that won't last long. My aunt used to be strong too, but day after day she got weaker and weaker. Watching that slow death is not easy at all. :(

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Chemo....modern medicines version of snake oil.

Tell her to take her money & go do any damned thing she has always wanted & refuse that quackery.

Estimations of longevity are purely specualtive. She may last 3 months or 15 years. They know nothing,

Uki Chick

Sorry to hear that Spirit! Your man can take measures to prevent it from happening to him though can't he? Colonoscopy, etc to detect it as soon as possible.

Good luck to her and the rest of you.

Aunty Em

I'm so sorry that things have turned out this way for your Mom in law and your family. Personally I don't know what I would do in that situation, it's a very difficult thing to deal with. Just make the most of the time you have together.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Somehow managed to completely miss this thread.

I extend my sincere condolences for your loss as well.

Chemo is a bitch but I honestly believe it saved my life, despite the havoc it has wrought in its wake. Do not tell her to do anything. Make the options clear and support her decision.