Do You Care To be Remembered, When You Die?

IDLEchild said:
Really?

I find it to be a horse and carriage relationship.

I'd say knowledge is the best and worst gift I was ever given.
1. Examples: A realist understands that despite his best efforts he may not be remembered. A cynic expects that despite his best efforts he will not be remembered.

Knowledge is not a gift. It's a prize and you have to first want it and then take it.

chcr said:
1. Examples: A realist understands that despite his best efforts he may not be remembered. A cynic expects that despite his best efforts he will not be remembered.

Knowledge is not a gift. It's a prize and you have to first want it and then take it.

Where does lazy fit into that?

Im pretty sure I can be loved and adored, and eventually mourned if I dedicated my life to cause but that requires...like...doing stuff and whatever

and as for knowledge, it's a gift but a bittersweet one at best i've found. The more I learn, the more I correct people, the more adversity I seem to face. I am dull crayon. High art doesn't interest me, nor can I machete my way through hard sciences despite my best efforts, but even I seem to find myself on the giving end of corrected information too often and being disliked for it.

Is it pointless to care about what they think if their ignorance is thwarted? yes. Will I even pretend that I don't care about what people think of me? Hell no, simple fact is do.

Like I mentioned; attribute it to my youth or my own ignorance, but the more I learn, the more, sometimes, I wish I hadn't learned.

It feels fucking fantastic to piece together the puzzle of questions that always bothered me but if I don't share it, it bothers me, if I do i'm met with blank stares of utter lack of interest.

Not all the time, but too much of it. Don't get me wrong, I don't go around correcting peopleor being a mr. know it all, but I cringe when I hear a conversation taking place with so many logical fallicies and inaccuricies in the presented facts. I've learned to not include myself and only intervene when asked, seems to work best.

You can be lazy and be a realist. You can be lazy and be a cynic. You can be lazy, a realist and a cynic. Being lazy fits anywhere. It also places you firmly among the vast majority of people in the world. Welcome! :D

Its easier to be remembered for doing something stupid than something noble. Who will get more press in 200 years? Hitler or Mother Theresa?

unclehobart said:
Its easier to be remembered for doing something stupid than something noble. Who will get more press in 200 years? Hitler or Mother Theresa?
I dunno. That Jesus fella seems to have made out alright.

Only because the collective stupidity of his more twisted followers have mass murdered millions in his name for the sake of using religion as a political weapon or control and domination.

I was thinking J-Lo since she actually has been married to half of the men in the free world at one point or another.

Back